Black Corrado VR6 - 400hp+ Rotrex... Updated on Page 12

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kalv - yeah pop down bro anytime

Setup does cost some £££ but then not as much for the power i got, started with the engine/transmission around 2 years back and built it up from there

The schimmel intake/cooler/cams make a big difference but with the vortech even though it got 337hp with 12.5psi it then struggled to boost above 10psi with belt slip and it had limits... the difference in torque is 260vs330 so the rotrex is lethal and delivers alot stronger throughout the rev range

...but its the whole setup which i dont think anyone else has thats got the results in the end - I will get a spec list up soon

Is that the highest boost pully?

its a 85mm pulley but you can go higher someone had over 20psi on the rotrex here before

Thats just awesome' date=' must be a real wolf in sheeps clothing when out and about! :D

How does the car handle the power can you put all of it down or does the car struggle occasionally?

[/quote']

Its not too bad the peloquin diff helps a little and its not like a sudden lump of torque like a turbo, so you can have fun but with some control too

Dyno Plots below – torque is a lot better now

BHP: 402.4@6676rpm (Hot Run)

Torque: 330.5@5960rpm

Pulls hard through all gears… from 2k it starts to boost, by 5.5k I’m seeing 10psi… that’s pretty good for a charger… but after 5k it goes mental I cant even look at the boost gauge just hold on and keep eyes on the road…revs up to 7250rpm

Yeah 400 hp is a lot but its not about that number it just delivers the power so it can be controlled as theres no torque spike just balanced

1208020787_687_FT130911_corrado_vr6_rotrex_bhp.jpg

1208020787_687_FT130911_corrado_vr6_rotrex_torque.jpg

Nice dyno plots bobby' date=' Your rite about the schimmel parts, they all work well together . There not cheap but well worth it. :)

[/quote']

cheers shaun that run was after the car had been running for 40mins of mapping, the chargecooler is quality with the intake, the cams did the job 2 picked up an extra 23hp & 25lb-ft... but the rotrex is lethal no belt slip and rips through from 5psi to 15psi+ no problem

Great work mate' date=' 400bhp must be mad. I will be there soon :) Think it will be the long turbo road.

[/quote']

yeah its lethal, its the torque really not too crazy that its a struggle to control but plenty to pull hard in any gear

Looks nice in there. Ive always wondered what they look like lol.

Can you spin the charger upside down if you where using a front mounted intercooler? Keep the pipe work shourt. Or is it fixed like that

cheers mate

the charger can only be fixed that way - the oil feeds connect to the top if mounted any other way it will not get the oil supply properly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update after about 1000 miles and **** loads of V Power

Had a few issues with radiator & bonnet Cable but all sorted now

Did run lean at idle for a while so really rough idle, replaced damaged maf sensor and added mesh to housing

aPic190.jpg

aPic204.jpg

Replaced VDO gauges

aPic151.jpg

aPic153.jpg

aPic154.jpg

aPic153b.jpg

They’re not just for show check numbers still hitting some nasty boost

aPic15818psi.jpg

• 6 months later...

Update.

Needed to sort a few things like tired valve springs (7500 limiter), better exhaust and dodgy alternator but ended up doing all this…

053NewAlternator.jpg

131SamcoHoseswithClips.jpg

083SchimmelBVH.jpg

220ExhaustSystem.jpg

042CylinderBlock.jpg

094ShortrunnerInstalled.jpg

160TestFit6Branch.jpg

162SixBranchHeatWrap.jpg

234EngineFinished.jpg

Slowly did all the work over the last few months myself as there was no rush and saved some cash

It’s now back up and running checked everything over and its all good so happy I gave it a go

th_301VR6RUNNING.jpg

Hi mate' date='

Cars looking sleek dude!

I have the c30-94 stage 2 on mine with almost identical mods but i have the standard inlet manifold for the 24v, how come you have chosen to go with a short runner? I have one in the garage but was warned i could loose torque?

[/quote']

Was told to expect 350-360hp from the pulley supplied, with BVH,Cams,SRI and Chargecooler its managed 430hp on the last run

Seen your setup you got great results from a better engine - what size pulley you using and is it standalone ecu

• 3 months later...

hey mate just read through your build thread looks mint i bet its mental to drive. can you tell me what compression u are running as im looking a chucking my v9 and goin down this route to but im unsure if my compression is low enogh to get the most out one of these chargers

are you still on standard pistons and managment

cheers joh

hey mate just read through your build thread looks mint i bet its mental to drive. can you tell me what compression u are running as im looking a chucking my v9 and goin down this route to but im unsure if my compression is low enogh to get the most out one of these chargers

are you still on standard pistons and managment

cheers joh

Using a 8:1 compression spacer with mk4 12v metal gasket sandwiched so its 8.5:1

Rotrex is smaller and quieter plus no belt slip issues as it uses the factory tensioner

With factory OBD1 management and standard pistons it pulled 430hp / 18psi and thats with signs of piston wear

Bottom End now has Wossner Pistons, H Beam Rods so might go for 70mm pulley

thats cany impressive im only looking at around 300 with my v9 almost maxed out think i mite go for one of them my comp is alredy 9:1 off a spacer plate so would be rude not to

what sort of power would you expect with a 70mm pully?

cheer john