AMD no longer servicing VR6's

I am most gutted to report AMD (Bicester) gave me a flat NO WAY, when I asked them to book my VR6 in for service.

I have used them for 2 years now for all sevicing etc, and really wanted to continue getting that AMD stamp in the service book.

If anyone knows decent place to get servicing near Oxford please let me know

Cheers Dave

PS the first service there cost £1000, so not exactly peanuts, I feel a bit second class :-(

I've heard a few negative reports about AMD. Anyway, if you're in the Oxford area take your car to Stealth who are just up the road from you in Stoke. They are one of the best in the business when it comes to VR6's.. highly recommended on here and other VW forums.

Sorry Candleman meant near Stratford, not Stoke... As said above the actual place is Southam. I still highly recommend Stealth. Stealth aren't far from you at all. Well worth the trip. Half an hour or so is nothing when you consider you are taking it to one of the best places for a VR... and a lot cheaper than amd by the sounds of it. £1000 for a service seems very high (!) or did you have a lot of other work done at the same time?