exhaust modding

hi all, ive currentley got a s/s rear box on the car with the rest of te system being stock. im having the box after the cat removed on wednesday just in time fored38, my westion is 'will it sound overly loud, and should i bung a cat replacment pipe in as well. the car is a 97 obd2.

has anyone got any sound clips of a 2 box system with a ramair on???

thx jim

seademon take it you have the last 2 boxs' date=' ie the rear box and the one over the axle??? im sure its the box over the axle that deadens alot of the high speed droning.

thx jim

[/quote']

Yep thats it - sounds nice, just right - purposeful without sounding silly :) You dont really wanna remove either of the 2 back boxes unless your going s/charged or turbo otherwise you'll lose back pressure/power.

seademon take it you have the last 2 boxs' date=' ie the rear box and the one over the axle??? im sure its the box over the axle that deadens alot of the high speed droning.

thx jim

[/quote']

Yep thats it - sounds nice, just right - purposeful without sounding silly :) You dont really wanna remove either of the 2 back boxes unless your going s/charged or turbo otherwise you'll lose back pressure/power.

not necaserilly im running no boxes or cat and it deffo isnt down on power it drones slightly at 2k rpm worse when cold but it really isnt that bad but when u press the loud pedal holy mother of jesus itsounds goooooooooooood hehe

I,ve got just the suitcase box and stainless backbox, sounds ok but i,ve just had made for 180 pounds stainless piping which replaces the middle box and suitcase box straight through.I removed it because my car lost power but i should have reset my ecu ,But i must say the noise my car made was lovel'y ,I also have a decat pipe fitted.