stand alone engine management.

Was looking at that to help get the most from my Supercharger, but none of the ones I looked at (DTA P8Pro, Emerald, Lumenition, Etc etc) supported PWM steppered throttles, Idle filling valves and some don't even have sequential injection.

Granted Sequential is not needed on a race track - where these standalones are born from - but it would be nice to replicate the standard ECU's smoothness and road manners where possible.

One Standalone that is said to be the dogs gnads is MegaSquirt. It can do PWM throttle/ISV, Wide band lambda, sequential, Self learning, cam and crank triggers, MAP sensing (and MAF IIRC), knock sensing, you name it....it does the lot.

And it's £250 assembled, or a lot less if self assembly.

Could be worth a look, it's on my to-do list....

the omex 700 series seems to be fully loaded wiyh the sequntial injection the bloke who i spoke to said he was more than certain that it was ok for my application, ill have read up on the throttle pos sensor signal, or i could use a corrado TB as the ecu is is fresh and unprogrammed?

blimey what exactly is stand alone manegement does it just replace the stock ecu??

Using a stand alone ECU instead of a O/E one gives you the advantage of being able to monitor your engine paramiters from a lap top(as they are a windows based perating sytem) some have data logging facilities plus they can be very finely tuned ideal if your running high boost or a seriously tuned N/A engine the one im looking at even does water injection control which will be very handy when the blower is fitted once money allows me too.

after a good chit chat with bob the engine builder and his mate who runs a hyundai pony pick up truck with a mid mounted vr lump ive gone for this systemhttp://www.omextechnology.co.uk/Ecus/710/omem710.htm

the pony is running it and to be fair goes like greased sh1t off a highly polished shovel the options you get are quality. and its only £150 for a custom fit loom with loads of extra wire so i can hide it all too! yipee!! thanx very much for your help yall!!!