hi, just thought i'd join in!!

i bought mine in feb this year, 108k, part service from 80k onwards all main dealer as was repossesed from somewhere near you, has the same(ish!) index, R*** TLO. it's a 98, mystic blue, with everything but leather, bit of rust bottom of one door and an arch, but it doesn't matter to me as i know plenty of lads in the trade. i knocked just over £500 off cos of this, and paid 2600 for it. bargain.

also, he was in his 30's, kid, nice house with an M3 and another BMW, so wasn't thrashed, and its not a bad car, but it was the first i'd looked at properly. and other than a linkage problem, sorted in 10 seconds, it's not given me any grief, and easily get 150-190 miles out of £20 in the tank.

but the price of that one is just wrong, and that trader knows it, glass's guide will knock it to death, i know because i used to be in the trade.

good luck

Hi mate! Sounds like you got a bargain there! I assume it the first car at 5.5k you were talking about?

I've decided that one is too much now aswell after checking glasses and parkers!

What about this one?

1997 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 2.8 VR6 Highline 5dr Hatchback Special Eds

100,000 miles, A metallic Pearl Black Highline. Just over 100K miles, FSH, Black Leather, E/W, E/Sunroof, R/C/L with Total Closure, A/C, Sony CD-RW/MP3, BBS alloys wheels (I still have the original Highline alloys) This car has had virually all it's wear and tear components (inlcuding the dreaded timing chain) changed in the last year. There were a few areas where I felt the car could be improved: - All bushes replaced for Poly uprated items - Poly Engine and Gearbox Mounts - Previous owner had already fitted a set of Bilstein Shocks and springs which tightened things up nicely :) - Steel Braided Brake hoses front and rear - B&M Short-shift kit, the standard throw is too long! This car drives beautifully, feeling taut and tight, but it's the engine that really makes itself felt! The only reason i'm selling is i've found an even greater project! (see last photo) (THE LAST PHOTO WAS AN OLD SCHOOL 325I BMW). £2,950

VR64SALE1.jpg

VR64SALE2.jpg

VR64SALE3.jpg

VR64SALE4.jpg

Hope i don't get told off for making such a big post :$

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...