2.0l vectra vs vr6

just thought id share this wiv u guys & girls 2 c wot u fink?a friend of mine has a 2.0l vectra which is 2 bloody fast 4 wot it is(well i fink so) :-* he can get the fing off the clock which is 160mph,speedo fault u fink :-# wel a few weeks ago he was racing wiv a focus rs a he was 4's up & the focus ad 2 pull over at around 140mph 2 let him past(bullshit was wot i thought)decided 2 show him proper power the over nite buy racing him in the vr,yes i ripped him apart off the line but then soon came around 145mph 4 me & he woz cumin up behind me :o not bullshit!its very slightly played wiv,cams,ecu,zorst,filter & decat *-)

a friend of mine as got a mk4 gti 1.8 turbo which has got mods & he shits all over that top end in the vectra,it wouldnt b ne good at santa pod cos its wank off the line but wot im tryin 2 say is that it has got loads top end,he can scream 139mph in 4th gear then get it off the clock in 5th *-) the sums r their but it just dont add up right! :-*

afaik the 2l is the ecotec lump which has approx 135 bhp if it had the older redtop engine i beleive 200 bhp + then its possible hel keep up with your vr top end it WONT waste you

conclusion its either a fairly highly tuned v6 or its a very highly tuned 2l or theres something hes not telling you (ie charger or nos) or your just plain wrong

ps 139 mph in 4th sounds like a silly revving 2l

yea i does scream like a tourin car but im still confused *-) im gona dig deeper 2 find out more about this car,ill post more info bout the car wen i can get it,settle this confusion once & 4 all :-*

afaik the 2l is the ecotec lump which has approx 135 bhp if it had the older redtop engine i beleive 200 bhp + then its possible hel keep up with your vr top end it WONT waste you

conclusion its either a fairly highly tuned v6 or its a very highly tuned 2l or theres something hes not telling you (ie charger or nos) or your just plain wrong

You belive wrong.

The redtop was 150bhp out the box, the only stock vauxhall engine inthat came in a cav and broke 200 bhp was the turbo, (The C20LET).

So in conclusion it could be a turbo (but they only came in saloon form with 4x4) or it could be a V6, which where quite nippy anyway, no need for it to be "higly tuned".

I'd love to know where you get your info from, I can only suggest you find a new source.

the red top was only around 150. 200bhp is what the 2l turbo kicks out or there abouts. The ecotec will do 140 on the clock but its not that quick at getting there.