Pics of raceland manifold fitted?

Pete what do you think of the raceand manifold? Did it go on easily enough without hassle changing any bits of cutting/bending etc?

I'm interested in one but they sound too cheap to be any good? I can get one for £150. Manifolds normally for a good one cost an easy £300

I've just been informed by a Performance VW garage to stay clear of the raceland manifold.

The welds are poor on them and over time due to flexing under acceleration they crack, they have also been known to melt a hole in the water return pipe to the block resulting in blown headgaskets or worse.

I'm going to stick with the standard exhaust manifold :)

I've just been informed by a Performance VW garage to stay clear of the raceland manifold.

The welds are poor on them and over time due to flexing under acceleration they crack' date=' they have also been known to melt a hole in the water return pipe to the block resulting in blown headgaskets or worse.

I'm going to stick with the standard exhaust manifold :)

[/quote']

I have to say tht going from what you've posted so far, the advice your getting seem to be pretty shit.

Over 7,000 miles on my heat-wrapped Raceland manny without any problems.

Heat wrap is essential, otherwise you will melt things, raise underbonnet temperatures and won't get the full benefit of the mod.

The standard heat shield fits no problem, it just has to be bent a little bit to clear the throttle body.

Bolting it to the head, with heat wrap in place, is very tricky - a couple of the mounting studs are pigs to reach. If you don't want to shred your knuckles to the bone like I did, entrust fitting to a professional!

Don't fit any tubular manifold, Raceland or otherwise, without upgrading your front engine mount. The stock VR6 one is way too sloppy and the resulting engine movement is what causes the welds to crack. I have a Vibra-Technics fast road one on mine. If you can fit uprated rear engine mount and gearbox mount too, so much the better.

The only thing I don't have is an indication of the power increase it gives. The car definitely felt more lively at high revs after I fitted it, but RR plots from my car are meaningless as long as the qestion mark over my valve timing persists.