BMW M535i: Real or Fake

During the trip to the 'Ring, I was asked what car I drive. The answer is a BMW M535i. Jason was sure that no such car existed, and took great pleasure in telling me so. The fact that I have one in the garage, and a V5 to prove it escaped him entirely. According to Jason, there was an M5 and a 535i, nothing in between. The Alpina we saw on Sunday must've been a fake too, I guess. Sadly, I didn't bet "pink slips" on it (although I wish I had). This thread will prove once and for all that the M535i exists. Here's a few links to ponder.

M535i resgistry

Practical Classics Info

Some for sale

Classic Car Club Info

If you're still wondering whether the car exists, I'll take you for a spin to the BMW garage whilst you read the V5. I think the word you're looking for is "0wned".

Cheers,

Andy

if u mean ingham hes a decent bloke

I do mean him, but I certainly don't mean to say he isn't a decent bloke. I'm just winning the argument we started on Saturday in the bar! He was sure the M535i didn't exist, and I own one. My word wasn't good enough, so I posted some links to prove I am right.

Cheers,

Andy

hey Mark - didnt you spot the Bora in the background??? pmsl..New Cross it is then ;-)

Andys motor is sweet - goes sideways 90% of the time. Great fun. And definitely pimped - would like to se it slammed on BBS splits too, although the Alpina copies aint bad either :-)

what i was trying to point out that a 535m is not a hand built motorsport m5 just a 535i with a m badge with a few extras... not to say that 535i isnt agood car just that the m5 is in another class..IMO

Well, sort of. It's got the same engine as the 535i, and the parts are interchangable. However, the suspension, transmission, trim level, and everything else (except slightly smaller discs, and the engine) is M5 spec. It's not hand-built, though.

Cheers,

Andy

• 2 years later...
Guest Jagermeister

Hi,

at first I want to excuse my bad english, but I'm german and it's a long time ago I learned it.

I know this thread is a few days old and maybe everybody forgot that this thread exists, but I didn't found it earlier.

Anyway, you were talking about my "Baby". Yes it was me who designed this Jägermeister E28 with squared headlights in orange. I was inspirated by the 1994 Alfa Romeo 155 which was driven by Michael Bartels in the DTM and by that remembered to the successful BMW racing cars of the 70s. After a contact with Jägermeister I got the colour-code and they send me the stickers which you can see on the front and rear windows.

The squared headlights were manufactured by Höfele Design and distributed in Germany by some of the great tuning stores. I ordered them together with white glasses for the turn signals. I'm sorry that I have no pictures with this, but the following shows the cars front.

bmw03.jpg

(I don't know why the link sometimes didn't work ))-: )

This picture was made in 1997, a few days before I sold the car.

Guest Jagermeister

Hy,

how old...... :D The car was in when it was started!!!!!

A short history over that BMW:

It was build in 1985 in diamond black metalic.

The BMW-Saler modified it with Hartge-Parts (Engine' date=' Spings & Absorber) and the BBS-Wheels (front 7J X 16 with 205/55 R 16 and rear 8J X 16 with 225/50 R 16) you see on the picture.

I bought it in the middle of May 1992.

In 1993 I mount Remotec Aluline Wheels in 8J x 16 with 225/50 (front) and 245/45 R 16 (rear) and the square headlights with the white turn signals.

In spring of 1995 I decided to paint it in orange.

In January 1997 I had an accident with it and damaged the complete left side. After that I lost my Job for a long time and through this I hadn't the money to repair it.

In the middle of 2000 I sold the unrepaired car.

The Pictures on bmw-syndikat must have been taken in the year 2004. The last information about this car I could get is, that it doesn't exist anymore.

Good info tho' Jagermeister

Sorry that I can't document it with some pics of the time between 1992 and 2000, I got my first digicam to late.

Greetings from Germany

Jagermeister

Had to do it haha :)

From and including: Thursday, 14 September 2006

To, but not including : Friday, 1 May 2009

It is 960 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 2 years, 7 months, 17 days excluding the end date

Alternative time units

960 days can be converted to one of these units:

82,944,000 seconds

1,382,400 minutes

23,040 hours

137 weeks (rounded down)