When i looked into this, i heard that the power increase vs reliability due to the increased bore can cause probs on the 3.1ltr conv. but not heard a great deal on the 3.0ltr

For the cost of the conversion, it may just be better to low comp and charge where u'll get far more power for your $$$'s

Don't do it mate. They don't last very long as the bore is too close to the water jackets. Unless you fancy rebuilding your bottom end every 12k and buying a new block. You could 2.9 and use a stroker kit, VERY expensive and seeing as you want to use 2nd hand pistons may be a little out of your price range.

scotts of sloane square used to do nothelle 3.2vrs, using a very expensive crankshaft, i think it was bored and stroked and at the time they were very nicely done, also expensive.Does anyone remember c&r enterprises doing their black vr golf a few years back? i cant remember the spec but i do remember it being a very nice vr.

My 3 litre has lasted a while and I cant see that its going to fail any sooner than a standard block. Provided it is bored and assembled correctly, which mine is, then it should last. I am approaching 15k so I will let you know. It may feel a little more stress when I go upto stage 3 though but its all part of the fun!

Honing the bore as opposed to actually machining because of the 15 degree angle. There aren't that many places that can do it properly.

P.S. My little bro has a 5 turbo pushing almost 240 at the wheels but hes running 4 times as much boost! Unusual using a 2 litre' date=' impressive.

[/quote']

so if you got a 3.0 engine from the states all done theres no reason it wont last then, as they seem to last out there its just gotta be down 2 incorrect building over here then yeah ?

its running a high compression which means its no lag and its nice to drive off boost aswell, its the only 2.0 turbo r5gtt in the country at the mo.