my remap rusults.....

hi peeps.... thought id pot up my results from fridays session at stealth...

engine mods include:

'97 obd2

zr2 charger @ 6 psi

268 cams

6 branch

exhaust with no cat

8mm magnecor leads

4 bar fpr

low temp stat

16v plugs

stealth remap (with maf)

in a mk2 golf ;)

after being on the rollers half the day made:

278.3 bhp and 236 lbft

goes like mad when it hits 5000rpm, then like crazy after 6000rpm!!!

all in all a good day, and a massive thanks to vince at stealth.

complete charger kit also might be goin up for sale very soon as i might be getting a vortech stage 2 from a mate (the charger ive always wanted on my mk2)

komi

Eat-this the cams work good imo, i was kind ov helping vince whilst he was mapping, i was reading of the boost to him as he was mapping it, and i noticed it takes ages for the boost to rise to even to only 6psi, the engine realy needed to be at high revs. cams really make the differance above 5000rpm, and this is when you start to get anywhere near full boost from the charger so i found it makes all its power at the right place. ok you do sacrifice low down torque so maybe to some it may not be as nice to drive around town but open up and it does go mad.

i hope that makes sense lol?

then again, having said the above, i havent driven it charged with standard or 248 cams, so i have nothing to compare it to, i can just tell you my opinion.

Gippering king - im running the red tops and and im running 6 psi. when i bought the kit, i was told it was 8psi pully, but it only made 6-6.5 off the gauge at stealth. vince did say it looked like a 6 psi before the map, he turned out to be right. so 278.3 @ 6.5 psi isnt that bad

komi

thanks guys, yeh was pissing down on the way back, i couldnt evn get traction in 3rd! but as i got closer to home, started to dry up, thats when i thought wow. its really does go crazy at high revs, and tbh when im in low revs, its still very nice to drive....

jay where did yours make max torque?

mine i think makes good torque in the right rev range, i think thats why it pulls like mad.... going by the graph...

it makes 225lbft @ 4300rpm, then i get max torque 236lbft @ 5500rpm, and still at 6200rpm thers 230lbft. combine that with the bhp that is still on its way up till it hits the limiter, id say that 268's are not as bad as people make out with the charger.

if my sis hadnt broken the scanner, id have tried to put up the graghs so you get a better idea than my attempt to explain it....

thanks guys' date=' yeh was pissing down on the way back, i couldnt evn get traction in 3rd! but as i got closer to home, started to dry up, thats when i thought wow. its really does go crazy at high revs, and tbh when im in low revs, its still very nice to drive....

jay where did yours make max torque?

mine i think makes good torque in the right rev range, i think thats why it pulls like mad.... going by the graph...

it makes 225lbft @ 4300rpm, then i get max torque 236lbft @ 5500rpm, and still at 6200rpm thers 230lbft. combine that with the bhp that is still on its way up till it hits the limiter, id say that 268's are not as bad as people make out with the charger.

if my sis hadnt broken the scanner, id have tried to put up the graghs so you get a better idea than my attempt to explain it....

[/quote']

id LOVE to see the torque graph ;)

The torque figure of 236 lbft is particularly impressive - VF-Engineering only quote 220lbft for their 8PSi kit' date=' and that's with standard cams, not 268s.

How's the idle on it?

[/quote']

idle is still ok too, no differant to when it was n/a. and its in a mk2 so i feel slight bit more vibration at idle anyway. even compared to the standard cams, its not that much differant....

i think the ecu software is not as good and it proccess's information slower if im not mistaken

That, and the fact that OBD1 feeds less information back to the tuner via VAG-COM, so there is a lot more trial-and-error involved in mapping them.

Although there are plenty of supercharged OBD1s out there making excellent figures (Mina/Anorak's Atlas grey L-reg VR, for example, made over 300BHP), results seem to be more consistent from the OBD2 cars and they take less time to map. Many Corrado owners have actually retro-fitted OBD2 engine management to their cars for this reason!

Indeed, me included! I only really did it initially to stop the stalling and reduce MAF replacement cost, but it turned out to be a good move in the long run.

By comparison to Komi's Zed, my Stealth Vortech 8 psi map (with MAF connected) made 290hp and 260lb/ft torque, which was a nice solid performer. Nice and consistent and punchy.

i think the ecu software is not as good and it proccess's information slower if im not mistaken

That' date=' and the fact that OBD1 feeds less information back to the tuner via VAG-COM, so there is a lot more trial-and-error involved in mapping them.

Although there are plenty of supercharged OBD1s out there making excellent figures (Mina/Anorak's Atlas grey L-reg VR, for example, made over 300BHP), results seem to be more consistent from the OBD2 cars and they take less time to map.

[/quote']

I know that car is OBD1,(anoraks old one) but when we read it's fault codes on sunday, we used an OBD2 connector! Is this maybe why the map worked so well?

For those that go to Stealth, get yourselves the trial version of the Dynoplot software, install it on your pc's and then get the dyno run files from Vince copied onto a floppy.

You can then go home and view the files do a print screen > paste into an image prog. and post up the jpegs.

Can overlay graphs from different runs just as the full version Vince uses.

example here of a pair of mk2 16v's ran on a shoot out day last year.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/GVK31/gvkvsdeakopower.jpg