Due to my lack of knowledge (and being over 30) of ICE installs can someone answers these questions please. My car has an install, very expensive apparently, but when the bloke was telling what it had he might aswell being talking in a foreign language. so....what is a Time alignment processor, what are stiffling caps(sp?) and what does "jbl speakers, good ones with the long throw" mean?? please help as i have 3 kids to impress!!

hehe the long throw speakers i THINK means they have more movement in them allowing higher volume time allignment procesor adjusts when each speaker receives the music because the sound from a speaker 1ft from u will reach u a split second before the sound from a speaker 4 ft from u

im not sure about the stiffling cap ut id guess its something to do with noise suppression ie interference i may well be tottally wrong though

Eat this is wrong.......again.

Long throw allows the subs to reach lower notes....so giving deeper harder bass. JBL are a very good speaker manufacturer.

A stiffening cap holds voltage, so if you get a big current draw and the battery cant provide the power needed the cap will step in and drop its voltage down to the amp. Makes a huge differnece to the sound quality.

He's right about the time alignment processor, so 2 out of 10 this time.