water injection (aquamist)

i no there was a group buy for these but at the time i was skint. to all the people who have them (on a n/a car) have you found that it makes any different ? i am thinking about gettin it but only if it is worth it. my car is n/a with few mods. any help would be cool, stu

Makes no real power difference on a supercharged car. Just wards off detonation. Its more of a belt and braces preventative measure, its not there to give you a power gain. Howver, the uprated fuel pump i had fitted made the car a lot more responsive and gave me some top end.

Water injection can make a nice difference to any engine if it's mapped to take advantage of it's effect.

I know Vince doesn't alter the map for water at all as he prefers to send customers away with a 'real world' map. However, things have moved on from the early days of water injection. With Aquamist 1s and accompanying DDS3 guage, you know exactly how much water is going in and when the supplied float sender detects no water, it switches off the water injection to protect the pump and it can also trigger a second map (if you're standalone) with less advance automatically. It can even run a seperate low pressure pump for intercooler water spray too!! It's clever sh1t.

H20 injection is reliable enough now (Providing you use Aquamist - it's the best by a million miles) to have a dedicated map, in my humble one ;-)

Had my Cooling mist kit fitted last weekend, and I couldnt' tell the difference with it on or off in honesty, but then again, my cars not mapped for it and I don't think i'd want it to be, I'd rather have it there as a saftey thing as opposed to something I have to rely on.

lol

What you finding funny Jay???

Ok Mr defensive, I was actually laughing at the original post and the fact that some people want to waste their money on such insignificant modifications. Fair play if they want to do that but I just find the idea of adding water injection to a normally aspirated car pointless.

LOL

Didn't connect a manifold pressure switch, took a feed off the pipe to the recirc valve.

Tim made custom mounts up for my pump. I would post up pics for you showing you exactly how to do it, but apparrently I'm a cunt and therefore I dont feel inclined!

i think il attempt to fit it at the weekend it looks reasonably simple to do

famous last words?

the manifold pressure switch is conected to a t piece of pipe where does it go??

where do you guys put the pump itself?

where do you put the relay end of the loom?

iirc my pressure switch was connected to the servo pipe

I had a bracket made to fit mine...it all depends where your water bottle is as the pump should be lower

My relay was screwed to the bulk head