DIY turbo guide

Yeah I use an 11" and a 9", both for the main radiator. The AWIC doesn't need fan cooling because the heat exchanger is front of the main rad :-)

Go with "General CAB" fans from revotec, or Kenlowe. Spal are crap.

One 11" just about does the job in summer, but 2 are best.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started my turbo install this week, during the evenings. Turbos are starting to become more popular now, especially as the dollar is so weak at the moment. It would be rude not to capitalise on tha

you should be able to get 4" all the way, thats how its is on mine, but then that how markies done his 4" down to 3" back up

liking the look of this thread. im not realy a mechanic but have a technical background do believe i would be able to carry the fitment of a turbo myself??

The motor cover doesn't have a drain hole in it, so water collects and starts rusting out the bearings, so they start to squeal after a while.....and then just die completely.

The General CAB ones are exactly the same as SPAL, but have said drain holes and better quality motors.

• 2 months later...

Yeah they're not bad at all mate!

I got them as a credit crunch option as I just can't afford to throw £550 of continentals or Bridgestones at it every year.

The Kumhos are only £240 for four, fitted! (205/40/17).

To be honest, I am struggling to see where I'm losing out. The Bridgees and contis probably are better all rounders, but certainly not £300 better! I'm still driving the car just as quickly as I did with the pricier rubber. Traction and grip all feel very similar to me :-)

The brakes are seriously good fun. I would always recommend some investment in that area! They give you so much more confidence :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah they're not bad at all mate!

I got them as a credit crunch option as I just can't afford to throw £550 of continentals or Bridgestones at it every year.

The Kumhos are only £240 for four' date=' fitted! (205/40/17).

To be honest, I am struggling to see where I'm losing out. The Bridgees and contis probably are better all rounders, but certainly not £300 better! I'm still driving the car just as quickly as I did with the pricier rubber. Traction and grip all feel very similar to me :-)

The brakes are seriously good fun. I would always recommend some investment in that area! They give you so much more confidence :-)

[/quote']

I use the Kumho on my street wheels, they're good for the money and not bad in the wet!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest mod...

044 pump holder and 1.5 litre surge tank in one unit. As the pump is submerged in fuel, it reduces noise considerably!

ie_surge_tank.jpg

ie_surge_tank1.jpg

More pics to follow when it's fitted to the car.

Have ordered some Bosch EV14 550cc injectors too as it's time to turn the boost up :-)

http://www.sprayitracing.com/52lb%20Bosch%20EV14%20High%20Impedance.htm

52lb-Bosch.jpg

Cheers mate! I got it from Integrated Engineering in the States. www.intengineering.com

It's a really well made peice :)

Going to run 15psi for now and then 20psi when I've done the 02Q conversion. I'll be getting RaceLogic's Traction control box to help over winter and in the rain, but on dry days it should be immense :)

Not sure on power / torque tbh, what ever comes from winding everything up, LOL!