Any body else share my problems?

Iv had my VR now for 14 months, im sure some of you will remember me putting her up for sale then changing my mind.

My problem is, i love the car so much, and i want to mod her, but without fail, each month im having to spend a load of brass, which leaves me with no money to live, never mind money to spend on my VR.

Its so hard.......Im trying to struggle on till loans etc are paid off (about 4 months left now i think), then i can start wasting a bit more money on things for her i want rather than need. in the past 4 months iv had, 2 new abs sensors, water pump, new coilovers (needed as old ones were buggered), 2 new tryes, a water hose, another waterhose, thermostat housing seals, new rear wheel bearings, abs ecu sending off for rapairs, and some other stuff i cant remember.....Oh, new rear bushes.

Any way just thought id share my problems...lol

Yep, in the last couple of month or so, I've had to get a new drivers front electric window motor, an OBD2 reader, new ABS/airbag light, new rear engine mount and a recon gearbox!!! Oh and at the end of November my insurance, M.O.T and tax are all due inside of a few days of each other! I don't even want to add up the costs! The joys of owning a VR6!! Still love the car though!! ;)

thats shit mate. im in a simlar situation where im skint and have no money for mods but mines been pretty reliable touch wood so far.

had mine 8 moonths and have yet to spend one penny repairing it :s have only covered 4k in this time and new tyres and service is around the corner so fingers crossed

I've had mine bout 6months now and (*touch wood) i've not had to spend anythin yet. Although my pads and possibly discs now need replacing and it's due a service fairly soon, so gotta book that in @The Phirm. Also got insurance renewal coming up in next month or so.

Generally it's been very reliable though. I'm sayin this not because i wanna say "ner-ner ner-ner ner!" to everyone else, but don't want newbies reading this to think "oh f*ck, what have i let myself in for?!!"

Ive had mine about a month and needed a starter motor, two reverse light sensors, a breather pipe and my alarm servicing. You sound like your having the luck i had with my BMW before i had enough and broke it for parts. Hope your luck changes mate.

I've had mine nearly 20 months now and apart from crashing it which needed new wing, bonnet, front panel, radiator and condensor which was my own stupid fault. The only things gone wrong so far are a front right ABS sensor and door lock mech. so i've been lucky and able to buy Koni coilies, 2 new sets of wheels, Schrick inlet manifold, new headlights, Exhaust, Samcos, BMC CDA and TT brakes.

If I wasn't going on holiday in November i'd be seriously considering a supercharger.

I must say i havnt had any major issues with my VR in 15 months of ownership, abs sensor, and a rear windscreen wiper arm!!! other than what i have wanted to spend, wheels & tyres, coilovers i havnt spent a bean! just on petrol ;) like all things mechanical at some point something wears out, maybe i am just lucky? anyway despite reliability shes going up for sale in the next 6 weeks and the new owner can benefit from good fortune, i have finally moved house now and once i got a few jobs sorted my next V dub will be on the (new) driveway ;) all 3200 cubic centimetres of engine and twin tail pipes :)

1160768918_2067_FT141004_spcheespoof.gif

You need to spend a bit of money on them, mine was in goon nick, but not serviced for two or three years whilst the previous owner had it. Since I bought it I have had to pay for his tightness. Cost me bout 1.5k in 18 months, but hey I still love her! NOt as much as I would lovean R32!

.....anyway despite reliability shes going up for sale in the next 6 weeks and the new owner can benefit from good fortune' date=' i have finally moved house now and once i got a few jobs sorted my next V dub will be on the (new) driveway ;) all 3200 cubic centimetres of engine and twin tail pipes :)

[img']../../e107_files/public/1160768918_2067_FT141004_spcheespoof.gif

And someone will get a nice motor there...........and i'm not jealous at all about you getting a R32 ;)

one of my pals has got one, its a bit like a vr in a lot of ways, you think oh this is sedate, nice interior, good controls 6 speed box......then let it have a boot full and it changes into a different beast, its a bit of a sleeper car too, no-one except v dubbers tend to even know whats under the hood or the floor pan come to that, very subtle car the 4 mo, my mates is black with black leather, not keen on the "wood" trim inside but it grew on me after a while and theres not much of it anyway, definately a good buy at around 7k

lol ^^^^ Like Rover hahaha!

I've had mine 5 weeks now, thought i'd bought a bargain! Ahem, not so!

So far i've had:

New ignition switch

new alternator

new alarm (as old one screwed the electrics)

New coilovers and wheels (wanted more than needed!)

I've had a major water leak resulting in the footwell turning into paddling pool, it's currently stripped out, i'm trying to clean/dry everything to prevent it smelling, also gotta find the cause, i'm thinking it was the sunroof, i've checked the drains and they seem ok.

I now need a new windscreen, a new drivers window motor, the abs light had been cut, found out it was because the light stayed on! Cheeky sod I bought it off! The Vagcom says i need a new abs brain or something.(hopefully i can get away with using my Ibiza Cupra's one!) And an H20 sensor? Also need a 20,000 mile service! This car is so expensive!

But I love it! :)

i would expect that the water in your footwell is coming from a damaged membrane behind the door panel.. had this with 2 of my other golfs, some twat had mucked around with window reg or speakers and not stuck the membrane back down properly, its hard to believe but the amount of water that can get in is unbelievable! i came back to my Rallye once and at least 2 inches of rain in the passenger foot well after heavy rain! you can buy new grey foam type membrane from vw and they also sell the bonding stuff too, best to use some clear silicone sealant imo, its cheaper too!

sounds like alot of people have had major isues wich is worrying!!

i have had a new breather cus mine was snapped wen i got it...had one lying in the gargae from my spare engine tho.

my exhasut makes the odd poping noise wich is typical cus i just sold a mint full system for naff all!!

passenger side front and rear and drivers rear was damp too. :( i'll check the door on my next day off.

the reason i thought it was the sunroof was because the slidy sun shade was not attached to anything, the runners had broken so it would dissapear out of sight at times! If it had rained and I braked hard i'd get water pour onto my head! I think the runner has something to do with the water drainage pipes. I'm sure it collects water