Crystal Fogs and Indicators

Ok so I have done a search and read some of the links on crystal types like this example:-

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?126932.post

There was no real conclusions on any of them. Hella/FK or Joe smith variety. So some comments on what is/are the ultimate crystal/clear sets would be appreciated??

Also I have seen these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-3-III-MK3-CRYSTAL-CLEAR-INDICATOR-FOG-LIGHT-GTi_W0QQitemZ230036376753QQihZ013QQcategoryZ28645QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOLF-MK3-ULTRA-CRYSTAL-CLEAR-FOG-LIGHTS-INDICATOR-LENS_W0QQitemZ330038298702QQihZ014QQcategoryZ9889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I must confess I think both will look the dogs. However I have a question or two for you all!!!!

Firstly is anyone aware of a bulb that is not orange for the indicator as I think the orange may spoil it - though I haven't decided on that yet !

Secondly anyone know of anyone who has bought stuff from the states like this and is it quality build and fit - no leaks/misting issues etc...

Thanks in advance for your comments as always

Cheers

Rod

I have a set of jom crystal fogs and indicators on mine they are ultra crystal and have never fogged up but you do have to get silver look indictor bulbs for them.

Hope this helps.

virgin.

p.s i think the 3rd link you shown are the ones i got from e-bay and mine were jom although it does not say but i think these look best check out my pic

It does seem like you have a similar set up to what I am trying to achieve and thanks for the advice so far ;)

I hope you dont mind me asking you a couple of dumb questions!

Where did you get your clear indicator bulbs from?? Also what bulbs are you using in the celis headlights??? H1s or H7s and are you using Xenon/white light look??? Did you have to upgrade anything??

Finally did you upgrade your side repeaters also??

Please feel free to PM me if you'd prefer.

Thanks

Rod

got my bulbs from e-bay,not sure what bulbs in my celis lights but are`nt that bright but am going to change soon did`nt have to upgrade anything and finally got my crystal side repeaters fron e-bay also.

feel free to ask any questions thats why we are here.

virgin.

p.s dont really know much about the bulbs on the headlights but just checked out the bay and the h7 seem best going to get some myself

I got those exact ones in the bottom link last week and as vr6virgin says,they are JOM ones.They look the dogs danglies :-). Slight mod required to get the plug to fit for the indicators(round plug square hole etc)but that only took a couple of mins. I then got some Silver look but Amber Flash Bulbs off ebay for a fiver.

If you get the bulbs then make sure you check the pins as there are 2 types,opposite and offset.These fogs required the latter.

I also have clear side repeaters to match. Just got the headlights to sort now...

HTH

Chris