Exuast pops when changing gears?

i had a magnex on my old vr, they do seem to be very poppy. although it is odd that it pops while changing up gears(unless you are changing gears really slowly :)) as the popping is excess fuel that combusts in the exhaust when the car engine is slowing and doesn't need as much fuel , it shouldn't have excess fuel if you are accelerating i don't think.....although i may be wrong

Almost every time i drop a gear to go faster or some times just changing up while driving fas it pops. slight backfire

what can cause this? hope my exhasust and knackered its full magnex about 2 or 3 years old

does the car feel abit slower than usual or maybe not quite runnin right(only slighty though)? my car started doin just wot urs is & over a few weeks the performance started 2 die off & woz runnin sh*t, turned out 2 b cam sensor fu*kin it up, replaced it job dun :)

Other than the things mentioned. When changing a gear and you get a pop it can be due to a slight misfire/timing slightly off. So It's worth getting that checked out also.

(Cost Aston Martin the Win at Le Mans - One where they ran out of fuel- 2005 I think - as it uses more fuel.......)

Is your fuel consumption slightly worse??

Hope these all help