I have just bought a sony cd/radio headunit (CDX GT200) and fitted it, already had the iso-plug block connectors so plugged straight in - fine. Only problem is it only works when the engine is OFF! Soon as i start the engine it turns off, stays off and when you turn the headunit back on after the engine is off it has reset all settings. The previous head unit did the same thing which was one of the reasons for replacing it! Please help, any suggestions/help appreciated!

Cheers, Tom

my guess would be something along the lines of the head unit negative lead being connected to ignition live hance when the car is off the ign lead is 0v the unit is grounding itself through some other means but when u switch ign on it raises ground to 12v if it is that its no good for the radio

I don't know bud, how would I find out? I just connected the unit with the isoplug block connectors, they are like 2 plastic blocks with all the wires in and they just clip together :S

Someone told me I need something called a PC2-18-4 adaptor......!? Does this make any sense to anyone?

• 1 month later...