NAVMAN? sat nav advise

I looked at 'em as I do a lot of travelling and this is what I found. I eventually got Tom Tom for my PDA however, Garmin Navman and Tom Tom are brand leaders. (Bit of an xbox vs ps2 debate this) Tom Tom has more stuff you can add to it easily (voices etc) and Garmin/Navman tends to be a bit cheaper. but this is a what suits you debate tbh. I know people who swear by every brand!

They do what they say and tbh the one that is the right price on the day is the one for you. Before you buy go into a quality shop and have a play and decide which of the options you need and want.

The only bit of advice I can give you is this....

Big Screen is best (minimum time for eyes off the road) - obviously placement is key.

The map/display should have or be in birds eye view.

Can you use one finger - remeber you will fiddle when driving - you wont be able to help it when you get in a jam or hear the radio say "Closed"

From a function perspective being able to plot a "via" route is good to avoid known spots and one where when, not if, you go wrong cos you were looking at the lady over there - it re-routes you quickly as it is amazing how quickly the next junction can arrive.

Finally Postcode function is great as you can't get the wrong road then!

There's many a web sites that will review these so worth a read (google 'em) and then as I said that kinda makes your decission for you.

Good luck it took me a while to decide!

well this has got bigish screen 3inch prevous garmin i3 one i wanted only had 1.7...

has re-route ect but only 5 digit postcode search? so will it not get me to the door but just the street?

doubt can be upgraded to tomtom

A colleague has NAVMAN, same one as that, it works well, but he does not update his due to a lack of Internet (Can you believe that!!!?), so it turned us wrong once or twice, but apart from that its good! Also touch screens suck, I got normal sized fingers and I cant get them to do what I want!