Interested in this Also. My drivers window will go up on the auto function to half way and then go all the way down. (I am assuming anti-trap). If i keep the switch pulled I can then do it manually, but it will stop at the half way up point and I will have to recycle the switch. Also if I try and do it over 50mph the window will not sit in its fully closed position. Almost as if the glass wrong shape. drop below 50 and it will close with a clunk when i activate the switch.

Ideas please

• 3 weeks later...

im havin the same problem with my drivers side window it just doesnt want to work had to resort to unpluging the motor! the thing is it wont stay shut ive tryed to adjust the glass posision everything lubed the rubbers and runners on the mech but still no joy! its so embarrassing ordering at the drive thru thru the rear windows!! please help me somebody

cheers

This is same problem I had until I replaced the motor & regulator. The issue is age, the cables which operate the window lose their grease and become more difficult for the motor to move. This starts with the window slowing down and then the anti-trap starts to cut in because it thinks it has an obstruction. You can cure the problem in three ways. The first is to lubricate to rubber window runners (spray inside with silicone) but this is only a short term solution. The second is to take the door apart and lubricate the wires and motor. To do this properly you need to take the motor cover off (torx head bolts) and also make sure you have no broken strands. The last is to repalce the whole unit (motor and regulator) which should be good for a few years worth of service. However, when I replaced the whole lot (frayed cables unfortunately) I lost the one touch closing - see next thread and I cannot get it back :(

This is same problem I had until I replaced the motor & regulator. The issue is age, the cables which operate the window lose their grease and become more difficult for the motor to move. This starts with the window slowing down and then the anti-trap starts to cut in because it thinks it has an obstruction. You can cure the problem in three ways. The first is to lubricate to rubber window runners (spray inside with silicone) but this is only a short term solution. The second is to take the door apart and lubricate the wires and motor. To do this properly you need to take the motor cover off (torx head bolts) and also make sure you have no broken strands. The last is to repalce the whole unit (motor and regulator) which should be good for a few years worth of service. However, when I replaced the whole lot (frayed cables unfortunately) I lost the one touch closing - see next thread and I cannot get it back :(