I have been doing little bits and bobs to my car for the last few months, and went out the other night (on a private stretch of road ofcourse) to c what my baby would get upto.

not very impressive im afraid, from about 115, it felt like a honda acty, stopped at 125 up a not very steep incline, on the way back, downhill got to about 135, with possibly a bit more, but uhm, it was only a short road, so i was just wondering what a standard p plate obd 2 highline should do?

- 10% if I'm right. Oh and don't forget half of you are running different diameter wheels with all kinds of tyre sizes. Before I had mine re-built and charged I could only get 138mph on the Road Angel and I was hitting the limiter the speedo was reading 150-ishmph. Not tried it since. But 155 in a standard VR is impossible.

i know someone that has driven there standard VR obviously on a track and absolutly nailed the shit out of it right up to the rev limiter in 5th and she was reading just under the 145mph which would coinside with the book speed of 140 (or is it 137mph??) that was with 3 big geezers in the car also. i would be amazed if a VR in standard form could do more than 150mph .

- 10% if I'm right. Oh and don't forget half of you are running different diameter wheels with all kinds of tyre sizes. Before I had mine re-built and charged I could only get 138mph on the Road Angel and I was hitting the limiter the speedo was reading 150-ishmph. Not tried it since. But 155 in a standard VR is impossible.

Exactly my point. All these figures are bullshit.

The 10% thing isnt hard and fast. I've had 150+ on my road angel, the speedo went off the clock long before I got there. Theres no way any VR will get to 150 without forced induction, your talking about standard cossie performance and I don't think any of us are so deluded that we think out VR's could even match the performance of a stock cosworth.

Escy maybe, but now your comparing 4wd with 2wd and you have transmission losses to account for, so its afar from a fair test.

Take a RWD saph and put it up against a VR, and the VR will get hammered. Thats just the way it is.

Riggs I didnt think you had FI, and if you dont, you still wont hit a real 150.

Ive seen 150 on my clock but thats cos i was drafting my mates 330ci, out in the open with no one in front of me i can see just over 140 max & its run out of steam, im still on standard wheel & tyre sizes so i hope it aint to far out :^)