Heated Seat question.

Hi, i have never owned a car with heated seats and was never really bothered about having them, but when i heard that SOME VR6's came with them i thought i'd like to try them out. Now i have a VR6 with heated seats i have a question.

How do i know if they work? I put them on this morning as it was freezing but didnt really notice anything, was only in the car about 10minutes before i got out, so how long do they take to heat up?

Any advice is great. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

lol all the ones that ive worked on do, what car is it???

just looked through the wiring diagrams, it shows the switch, relay, heater elements and temp sensor but doesnt show any sort of contact switch

sure is it the fact the only time you have them on is when your sat in the seat ;):)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I assume you've already checked the fuse. Buy a new heated seat relay, then...

1) Park the car somewhere quiet.

2) Turn on the ignition (but don't start the engine)

3) Starting in the OFF position, SLOWLY turn up the dial for the driver's seat. At some point, you should hear a click from the relay under the seat.

If you hear no click, replace the under-seat relay and re-try the test. If you still get no click, it's a wiring problem.

If you do hear a click, but the seats don't noticably heat up within 2 minutes on maxiumum setting, replace the relay and re-try the test. If they still don't heat up (or the backrest heats up and the seat base doesn't) then it's a problem with the elements.

Then repeat all the above for the passenger seat.

Good luck!