The advantages of this are basically if there are little pieces of metal in your oil they will stick to the magnet but that is why you've got a oil filter' date=' and i think that you'll find the gearbox will have a magnet in it already. So basically what i'm saying is don't bother.

[/quote']

Oil filter in the gearbox, dont think so *-) ... Not sure if they are magnetic, changed mine a while back & their was no swarf stuck to my plug so im assuming there not!

The advantages of this are basically if there are little pieces of metal in your oil they will stick to the magnet but that is why you've got a oil filter' date=' and i think that you'll find the gearbox will have a magnet in it already. So basically what i'm saying is don't bother.

[/quote']

Oil filter in the gearbox, dont think so *-) ... Not sure if they are magnetic, changed mine a while back & their was no swarf stuck to my plug so im assuming there not!

Go back and read the original post ...... he wanted a magnetic sump bung, now correct me if i'm wrong but the sump is the bottom of the engine, and as you are obviously well clued up you'll know that the engine oil is filtered by what is commonly known as a oil filter.

[/quote']

Go back and read the original post ...... he wanted a magnetic sump bung, now correct me if i'm wrong but the sump is the bottom of the engine, and as you are obviously well clued up you'll know that the engine oil is filtered by what is commonly known as a oil filter.

S**T sorry mate had the the bit about the gearbox on my mind 8-),Im such a thick F**K sometimes!

Looking back at my original post it sounds like im being funny about it, didnt mean for it to come across that way fella

Sorry :$

[/quote']

S**T sorry mate had the the bit about the gearbox on my mind 8-),Im such a thick F**K sometimes!

Looking back at my original post it sounds like im being funny about it, didnt mean for it to come across that way fella

Sorry :$

No worries i feel a bit of a twat about bickering over something so trivial so i'm sorry aswell.

All forgotten about.

Its quite funny really if you read through it :)

LOL

sure is lol

forums can be a pain in the arse soooo easy to take something the wrong way or for a comment to come across wrong its got me a few times (but them i am barely literate hehe)

I have found though that the VR6 forum is by far one of the most friendly forums, that must be because VR6 drivers are a bloody nice bunch of people.

I use some of the guitar forums on the internet and they can be bloody terrible.

Dave