i just had my first vw its a nice and clean 93 golf vr6 its covered 85k and i want to service it.

i noticed last night that a couple of ther spark plug leads are arcing on jubliee clips so there gonna have to be changed which ones tho? the engine is standard. also a oil and filter change need approx 6 liters or oil? which is best suited to my vr?

any other things i should be checking??

thanks

Hi mate and welcome, 6 litres of oil is right, as for ht leads Beru do a set for about £60 they are very good and same make as oe spec apart form being black not red, 1/2 the price of vw as you can only buy genuine ones in singles!! as for the oil i and loads of others use quantum silver from vw, great oil and dont cost a bomb! (ps you should have posted in the welcome section and then the technical more people see it dude ;))

hi again! :) Right as for leads i got a set of beru from gsf also gonna do a oil an filter change also change the two oil pressure senders on the front end of the oil filter housin because ones leaking from the top (this common?). Threw in a fuel filter two for good measure, any pointers as im rather new to this engine??

cheers