Ok guys, not many seem to go down this route but the big man has used these on his insane mk1, which got me to thinking.

You can get the kits for around £1100 or so I think (schrick territory). Anyone on here have any info on whether these improve performance considerably, whether they would be a total pain in the arse to keep running right and whether they would make the vr drink more than Ollie?

Intrigued.

if you have a decent ecu to run the throttle bodies then its just like any other ecu,which wont need setting up much,fuel consumption will go down only the basis that u will be driving harder which is the point of buying them i suppose lol,my mate has a vts with bodies,and cams and he says on the very odd occasion he isnt ragging the boll~ks off it the fuels not that bad lol

the fuel delivery with bodies is actually better in my opinion because ur having an injector firing more efficently,and a smaller inlet track too

Throttle response will be quite insane compared to standard due to the throttles being so close to the head.

The brakes might suffer too as there won't be a vacuum resevoir for the servo, which you normally get from the stock intake. Just means you might have to press the pedal harder :-)

Another common complaint of ITBs is they shift the torque curve much further up the rev range, but some folk like that.

And another thing, the induction pulses will be radically different to normal so the familiar VR6 warble will missing at low to medium revs.

i have been trying to find out about these for quite a while. have a mate who has them onan astra gsi and he rates them highly. have found this cmpany in australia. emailed him askin about power gains and he said that on a stock engine gains would be minimal but on a tuned up engine you can see great improvments but he couldnt say wot gains to expect. he also said that ya definalty need a stand alone ecu.

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/index.php?cPath=57_49_32&ad=googleadwords.efithrottlebodies&gclid=COvr36qY1ogCFUYGQgodzH8jZA