VR6-OC videos......

For those that are Unaware VR6-OC now have our own group on the YouTube network.

This enables us to Uplaod any of our own videos and they can be linked easily back to here.

If you haven't already then sign up and join in !

There are a few clips posted already from our Rolling Road session at Powerpoint with some of the clubs Biggest BHP cars and also the 489BHP run of Andy's Supercharged Mk2 R32 !

Feel free to contribute clips but try and keep them to cars from our site or events that the VR6-OC was in attendance :-)

This is the link you need .....

http://www.youtube.com/groups_layout?name=VR6OC

Enjoy !

Mark.

Is that mk2 r32 4WD or is it all through the front wheels??

i was just thinking that without 4WD it must be a nightmare to put that sort of power down??

I love the car it must be one of the only R32 mk2's in the world, have any of you guys been for a ride in it??? I've been i a new 911 turbo i can only imagine that the buzz is similar to that, and that was awesome.

Dave

Is that mk2 r32 4WD or is it all through the front wheels??

i was just thinking that without 4WD it must be a nightmare to put that sort of power down??

I love the car it must be one of the only R32 mk2's in the world' date=' have any of you guys been for a ride in it??? I've been i a new 911 turbo i can only imagine that the buzz is similar to that, and that was awesome.

Dave

[/quote']

Not the only Mk2 running a an R32 with a charger. Mr Chantry is running a V charged R32 lump, with Nos. Thats around 400bhp I believe. I drove it before the charger was fitted and just the Nos, needless to say it was evil. And I seem to remember a brief flash upto 155 when he was driving at one point with plenty more to go. ;)

Like you say though, good power transfer with a standard diff is not the best.

Thanks for the plug Jay.

I'd just like to say, there a point where too much power through a Fwd wheels is pointless. I recenlt rebuilt my engine at great expense and was toying with the idea of low compression rods, forged pistons & upping the boost etc but i though is it really worth it, the car at the min is lovely to drive with a very crisp throttle response and the power delivery is so smooth thanks to James @ Custom Codes. I'd say more power would only mean driving the car would be seriously hard work i have plenty of torque steer already.

So i didn't bother with the power increase.

I know of a 450-500bhp 4wd Skoda Oct estate running serious power but from talking to people who've driven it they all same the same, the owner a spoilt the car. Its totally undrivable mainly due to there boing so much turbo lag it's unreal.

Id say Andy has built the car to plug his Business (seams to work as your all talking about it).

i seem to remember seeing a episode of top gear and they were talking about the new vauxhall astra i think it is called a vxr or something, anyway they were saying that it is mental having 250bhp through the front wheels and debating whether its safe or not.

I was wondering whether some of you guys that have turbo's or chargers on your VR's have trouble using the power efficiently ???? or do you agree that 250bhp is the max power for front wheel drive cars??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Surely if you just stick some squashy springs on the rear it would help putting the power down on a standing start. you cant go full throttle in first or second in a lot of high powered fwd cars. The VR is already quick off the mark.

Methinks the high power would be much more beneficial on the second 1/8th mile if you get me..

If you want a car that blips M3's etc between traffic lights in town, then keep the power lower for drivability.

Personally, i'm dreaming of munching M5's on motorways!!!

Screw drivability, i want a car that does 50-160 in 10secs!!!

(on a private road naturally)

• 8 months later...

No offence meant bigjobbo, but the opposite of what you have just said there regarding the quick off the mark is true, the VR comes into its powerband after about 3000 rpm, and really starts to go over 4000 rpm, my mates running a charged VR pushing out maybe 270 odd brake, and it will slip in fourth in the wet, try keeping up with a quattro in that, no chance.

No offence meant bigjobbo' date=' but the opposite of what you have just said there regarding the quick off the mark is true, the VR comes into its powerband after about 3000 rpm, and really starts to go over 4000 rpm, my mates running a charged VR pushing out maybe 270 odd brake, and it will slip in fourth in the wet, try keeping up with a quattro in that, no chance.

[/quote']

your mate needs to but decent tyres lol

im running 320 bhp and in the dry 2nd sticks just fine in the wet iv had wheelspin in 3rd a cpl of times tractions actually pretty good for a fwd car and yes it will keep up with most audis upto and including an rs4 (the rs4 only starts to go away above 130)

heres an s3 vs me

• 2 weeks later...