right, quick update.

clutch hasnt slipped for about a week, drove the car the other day and now its slips in 5th.wtf..

it so intermitant , and never in the same gear... any ideas, do the clutch ratchets stick? worth greasing anything ?

would a faulty slave cylinder do this..

im really stumped, and tbh i dont wanna chuck a clutch in it , if its not the problem.

jim

160,000 miles, but iy displays none of the normal , clucth wearing probs.. i think ill just suck it and see, and wait till it slips all the time. not just when its having a blonde day, dropping the box out aint a option as i dont have the spare wonga, and now winters here i aint doing it myself

sounds like its slowly burning up mate, its probably as shiney as a shiney thing! understand your reluctance to sort it at the mo but bear in mind these things have a habit of letting you down at the worst possible time!! if we get bad weather soon you could get in a pickle mate! no-ones car never breaks down outside their house or a garage does it!!!

no thats true, due for a brake fluid change soon , so i assume the resovior for the clucth is feed from that, might see if that helps , as the fluid looks as if it has seen better days. i take it brake/clutch fluid still takes on water over time/use ??? or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Don't sound too good ........ may go on for some time if your lucky :-| Have a look at techniclutch [url=hyperlink http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-GOLF-PASSAT-VR6-FAST-ROAD-CLUTCH_W0QQitemZ260057984573QQihZ016QQcategoryZ9889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem] they used to be a bit cheaper.

Lovely bit of kit, i'm well chuffed with mine ;-)

eek. think ill give the techniclutch a miss then , maybe more of a chocolate clutch.. anyone no what power a normal standard type clutch will put up with? i had used a ap clutch with a exedy plate b4 on my 200sx's, but probaly not ideal for a vw.

im still hopeing to go supercharged. but nothing over 300bhp, so will a new standard clutch push to that , or will it top itself much before my intended/final power level.

absy, it standard ish at the mo, 6 branch ,no cat ,stainkess zorst, filter. but i am planning to charge it after chrimbo, unless i can turbo it for the same money. so i can see the sense in getting a clutch that more than capable. which is what i will more than likely do, probaly get it from grmany though, as it should work out cheaper.

thx all