Nurburgring 2007

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a link to a BMW produced overview of the 'Ring. Very polished. Obviously BMW orientated, especially the last 5mins, but includes some nice footage of the track including VWs.

http://content.bmwusa.com/microsite/x52007/downloads/nurburgring/overview22_wmv.zip

It's 280MB, so a decent broadband connection is needed.

TG

Here's a link to a BMW produced overview of the 'Ring. Very polished. Obviously BMW orientated' date=' especially the last 5mins, but includes some nice footage of the track including VWs.

http://content.bmwusa.com/microsite/x52007/downloads/nurburgring/overview22_wmv.zip

It's 280MB, so a decent broadband connection is needed.

TG

[/quote']

Downloading at a nice 670k/sec here :)

im on the 8am 6/4/07 ferry and back on the 7pm 9/4/07 ferry' date='£29 each way BARGAIN ;)

[/quote']

You are not the only one. The 8am sailing has gone up to £45 so it must be booking up. My tickets are still floating, waiting for an executive decision, but the first sailing is a no brainer I guess. As I live closer to Dover then you I can live with the 21:00 return so I can leave the 'Ring that little bit later.

i am so tempted to get some more open ferry tickets for later this year

I went for a Super 10 ticket ;-)

TG

Looks like I might be on for this. The wife appears to have given this the thumbs up, but only if we tag the 'Ring onto the beginning of our skiing holiday! We'll be trying to keep up in a Ford Focus 1600 ... diesel ... estate ... auto. Bugger. At least it'll get there, unlike the BMW! So, those of you who are up for it, we're off to Snowbombing.

Itinerary

Friday 6th April Travel to Nurburgring

Monday 9th April Travel to Mayrhofen

Sunday 15th April Travel Home

What's Going On

Snowbombing is on the week we're there. Monday to Sunday, with lots of live DJs and bands.

Accomodation

The Mayrhofen website has a search facility for the accomodation. We're paying £170 for an apartment for the week for two people. If you want specific info about one of the places, PM me, and I'll tell you where it is compared to the main street and the Penkenbahn (main lift). I've been to Mayrhofen half a dozen times now, so know it well.

Lessons

SMT are the best for learning to board. Mike is the top boarding instructor. 130 Euros (£87) for 6 days of boarding lessons.

Board/Bindings Hire

There's lots of rental places, but I've used InterSport before. They have two places on the high street. You can book online.

Lift Pass

It's 172 Euros (£116) for 6 days, cheaper for less days. You buy it when you get there.

Getting There

It's 2000 miles (ish) for the whole trip, so less than £200 in fuel (in my diesel), plus about £80-90 for the ferry. It's 12 hours back to Calais from Mayrhofen, and only a few hours from the 'Ring to Mayrhofen on the way. You know the rest! If Warren can't make it, then there's two passenger seats going spare in the Focus if you'll share the fuel/ferry bill.

Cheers,

Andy

Looks like I might be on for this. The wife appears to have given this the thumbs up' date=' but only if we tag the 'Ring onto the beginning of our skiing holiday! We'll be trying to keep up in a Ford Focus 1600 ... diesel ... estate ... auto. Bugger. At least it'll get there, unlike the BMW!

[/quote']

LOL. You'll be looking to meet a nice porker owner again then.

I take it you (she) won't be camping ;-)

TG