Nurburgring 2007

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably be camping to me thinks to try and keep the cost down a bit......

Nigel are you booked into the Hotel already ? Can you change to camping ?

What is the hotel cost anyhow ?

Mark.

Yep, I'm booked, but I can cancel for free upto 24hrs before. E135 for my single, a double/twin would be E264 for 3 nights B&B.

I am now thinking of joining the camping throng. It is a very nice campsite for my favourite type of camping; beer, good company and huge, huge campfires.

I'll let the weather forcast decide nearer the time.

TG

Thanks guys :) - just need get a new rack' date=' replace zaust manifold, fit oil cooler and map the thing!

Think I'll wait till I get back before charger goes on :)

[/quote']

Not having much luck with the VR, mine will be for sale shortly as its now a manual. The GTI will be finished & run in for the easter trip to the ring.

I'm now booked at the hotel too. I'll be trying to keep up with you all on the way, as I'm on the 08:00 ferry too. I'll leave you all on Sunday morning though, as I'm off to Mayrhofen, Austria for my skiing holiday. I can't believe the wife said yes. She's even consented to "a lap or two" whilst we're there. Brilliant!

Those of you with radios, be sure to bring them. If you don't have a radio, get a PMR446 radio with 304 channels. I have a set of four Cobra MicroTALK MT750 radios, which served us well in September. Can't go wrong at £25 a piece!

Cheers,

Andy

Ordered a set of MT750s from FleaBay. £25 the pair. No batteries or charger though but frankly I already have enough NiMH AAAs!!

So that's 10 we'll have between us.

TG

P.S. Speedferries have extended the £29 super ticket offer, again.

Thanks guys :) - just need get a new rack' date=' replace zaust manifold, fit oil cooler and map the thing!

Think I'll wait till I get back before charger goes on :)

[/quote']

Not having much luck with the VR, mine will be for sale shortly as its now a manual. The GTI will be finished & run in for the easter trip to the ring.

Will be good to catch up with you mate, not seen you since you were down at stealth that time talking cup cars with Vince!

Got mine booked in on the 26th Feb for my new steering rack, fix a recent oil leak that has appeared near my chains, and to get a remap following the upgrade to the low comp 2.9 lump.. plus got stock cams back in now, ready for the charger, but given im not going 'blown before the 'ring, it makes sense to get a decent map on there now so I can enjoy it!! it got 218BHP from the map for my 2.8 bottom end and 268 cams..

Will be interesting to see how it goes with the 3.6 final drive and quaiffe LSD around there too!

Pete