Nurburgring 2007

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like wise' date=' im after a passenger lap before, i drive it for the first time, so that i can get a feel for it.

[/quote']

Forza Motorsport on the XBox. I've only been to the ring once, and I've only been round 5 times, but Forza is pretty close to the real thing. Just don't rely on it for braking points or corner entry speeds! You'll recognise it when you get there, and know where you are. You'll also know the way the road goes after about a dozen laps or so. It's also only £5ish for the game on Ebay, and you can get an original XBox for £50 at Argos these days. Money well spent. You also don't need to complete the game to get the 'Ring like you do in Project Gotham 2. I found that out the hard way. When I completed the game, I found out that I didn't recognise many corners in it because it was so unrealistic.

Cheers,

Andy

Well, kind of lucky I am getting all my coilovers on the car before the ring trip. Seems I could have had a nasty suprise waiting for me !

Front drivers side hub appears to be very bent.

The person I got the car off before has had an Eibach Suspension kit fitted but instead of replacing the bent hub they filed the hell out of the bolts going into the strut connecting it to the hub so they could get the correct camber on the wheels.

The bolts that are filed down are painfully thin now and would not have lasted to much longer !

I don't have to tell you what could have happened of the bolts connecting my front strut to the Hub had sheared during a high speed corner ! :-(

I shudder to think as the car get's driven with enthusiasm A'plenty as it is !

Anyway the Coilovers are now on and the Poly bushes are on and just waiting on the new hub to finish it all off.

Mark.

Do a lap in the Porshe!

Seconded. A lap in the Porsche is worth every penny' date=' and a few quid more! Better than any rollercoaster :o

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

I'll be doing my best to match the porshe boys this easter 8-)

Knowing your driving, he'll probably move out the way pretty quickly. |-)

Cheers,

Andy

ah ' date=' ive already got forza, and im thinking about bringing, installing the xbox in the golf, as i have a screen...i'll have a pratice on that, and see how it goes.

[/quote']

I know what we're doing on Friday night then. I'll probably bring mine for late night lapping at the hotel too.

Cheers,

Andy

Oh, I hate it.

If pushed I'd say this one http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=50.374489&lon=6.967492&z=17.8&r=0&src=ggl as it has a blind exit but is flat out in the dry.

In fact I'm not particularly keen on any the corners, they scare the b'jesus out of me. :S

Can't wait :-d

Oh' date=' I hate it.

If pushed I'd say this one http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=50.374489&lon=6.967492&z=17.8&r=0&src=ggl as it has a blind exit but is flat out in the dry.

In fact I'm not particularly keen on any the corners, they scare the b'jesus out of me. :S

Can't wait :-d

[/quote']

This is my favourite corner. I love the way the left hander tightens. Reasonable runoff too! My second choice would be this one. Having said that, there's so many great corners, it's difficult to pick one. The important thing is that the 'Ring is better than the sum of its parts.

Cheers,

Andy

Wanna Go Wanna Go

But shyyyyyyyy

It's a pilgramage that every petrolhead should make once in their life.

Although, unless you are unlucky ( or over confident ;-) ) enough not to come back, it's impossible just to go once.

I regret not having gone sooner in life.

Seademon has a couple of tickets for the ferry.

TG