Nurburgring 2007

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a very big thanks to Nige for doing what he did............he deserves to be crowned King VR6 for that

Defo!!! Nigel was running down past the corner before we even managed to get out the VR.

Dont let what happened spoil the weekend' date=' im looking forward to building up a new VR6 now :)

Pete

[/quote']

Shucks guys. All credit, as ever for anything 'Ring related, should go to Ben Lovejoy. I made and carried the flag to make me feel like a hardcore 'Ringer. I'd rather hoped that I'd would never need to use it.

Bugger' date=' looks a mess - where did it happen?

[/quote']

Just before the very steep left hander up to Hohe Acht.

Amazing weekend !

One of the best times I have had !

Shame Pete lost his VR but like he says, He is looking forward to the new one ! That is the kind of spirit that makes this club what it is !

If the car is not covered in full then at the very least the Engine and Box will be brought back for a transplant into a new shell. I would be very suprised if this was not the case. There is alot of money in that bay ;-)

My water leak seems to have slowed a fair bit. Was fine all the way home last night. Have not checked it this morning, looks like your header tank might have worked pete ;-) You can have it back when you have your car back here and built up. It's the only piece of it in this country right now and it's only right it should go back where it belongs :-)

Looking forward to going again. Not sure if it will be this year though what with buying a house and such. Need to get some more laps in though as with the leak only managed 2 !

A big thanks to everyone who came along. Shows real club spirit when everyone helps people out in their time of need. Sadly this trip it was needed, but it really shows who your friends are at times like this ! I know I could count on every one of you if needed :-)

Here's looking forward to the next one ;-)

Mark.

Yeah, really had an excellent time this trip

I felt like the unofficial ring taxi, and i hope all my paasengers enjoyed the experience as much as i did.

Pete, hope you get it all sorted mate and you're back on the road asap.

Nige, thanks for lending me your cg-lock, knocked 2 minutes off my lap by my calculations ;)

Mark & Donna, don't worry about the house, put the dosh towards mods for the car and the next trip.

p.s. anyone got any tent poles spare ;):)

mini-DSC00820.jpg

Looks like Jake did the styling ;-)

now now nige!! please explain urself..?

Sorry to hear about ur loss pete, the main thing is that ur ok, and could walk out of it. last time i was there i believe there where two people that where carried away..

But hey, on the bright side what a place to kill your car! back to the motherland.. hats off fella ;)

As far as the club goes, well done every1 for helping out as was said, thats what its all about and its good to know, that when bad things happen there are always fellow members willing to assist!

Just gutted i couldnt make it this time :(

Moderator edit by: cadguy for image size

Moderator edit by: cadguy

Guest vwsyncro

Sorry mate' date=' bit of a flippant comment. The resemblance is purely in the colour and lack of grill / lights.

[/quote']

well if you look really close the car also has a vr6 logo on his front wing!!!!!

Sorry mate' date=' bit of a flippant comment. The resemblance is purely in the colour and lack of grill / lights.

[/quote']

well if you look really close the car also has a vr6 logo on his front wing!!!!!

Yeah but judging by the damage to it.. that logo started life on the rear panel and just happened to stick there!!!!!