Nurburgring 2007

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a request for convoys please DONT sit at ridiculas speeds im in no way averse to the odd squirt but il have a 3 yr old with me and i just dont wanna sit at 120 + leptons 80-95 is fine and youll get reasonable mpg too

ps what radios should i look for on ebay il have a goosy

No worries John, I think there are going to be enough snails for our own convoy: AndyL cant, Jason wont and I dont....

In theory any PMR radios will do, but the quality, and range does vary. The Cobras AndyL provided last time where good. Binetone are carp. I think we have this trip covered though ( 10 at last count ).

with regards to speed, i was onlh messing, i need my licence, no licence no job, no house, see the pattern, i will quite happily sit at 85-90 , if conditions allow. and i also dont mind the odd squirt. i also wanna get to the ring and back without breaking anything.

I am not going to tank it anywhere....

Will probably stay well under 100 Most of the way.... How much time will we save by going that bit faster ? Not much so it's not worth the extra fuel :-)

I am happy to drive along in a little convoy, those that want to do a million miles an hour can do so !

Mark.

Thanks guys :) - just need get a new rack' date=' replace zaust manifold, fit oil cooler and map the thing!

Think I'll wait till I get back before charger goes on :)

[/quote']

Not having much luck with the VR, mine will be for sale shortly as its now a manual. The GTI will be finished & run in for the easter trip to the ring.

Will be good to catch up with you mate, not seen you since you were down at stealth that time talking cup cars with Vince!

Got mine booked in on the 26th Feb for my new steering rack, fix a recent oil leak that has appeared near my chains, and to get a remap following the upgrade to the low comp 2.9 lump.. plus got stock cams back in now, ready for the charger, but given im not going 'blown before the 'ring, it makes sense to get a decent map on there now so I can enjoy it!! it got 218BHP from the map for my 2.8 bottom end and 268 cams..

Will be interesting to see how it goes with the 3.6 final drive and quaiffe LSD around there too!

Pete

Things have moved on since then, here's a pic of the GTI I'll be driving at the ring. It won't be until 2008 that I can race as I've got to do 1yr of sprints & hill climbs, if MSA are happy then we'll be racing :-)

golfgti.jpg

hehe i hope not my cars in a sorry state and the coil pack died this mornin i now have a supercharged 1.9 (ish) vr4 lol and it needs a fair bit of work doin for the ring its goin in wednesday and hopefully remapped at stealth later on this month then hey ho lets go :) :) :) :) :) :)

i have a request for convoys please DONT sit at ridiculas speeds im in no way averse to the odd squirt but il have a 3 yr old with me and i just dont wanna sit at 120 + leptons 80-95 is fine and youll get reasonable mpg too

Not trying to offend, for once, but do you really think the ring is the place to be taking your 3 year old????

The ring is called the "Green Hell" for a reason, its fast, and dangerous, i'd not be taking my kids with me, if I had any.

Depends how you intend to drive it.

I've seen family estates going around with two kids, in child seats obviously, and a dog in the back behind a mutt screen, just to say that they'd done it.

If he wants a hot one, the family can be left behind or he can grab a passanger lap.

You should know it's just as much about the atmosphere as it is about trying (not) to kill yourself lapping.

TG