Results of my ReMap

Took my baby to Stealth yesterday to have it mapped by the expert as it's been running lumpy.

OBD1 1995, modifications I've made engine wise, are 268 cams, heavy duty valve springs, BMC CDA with cold air feed, larger throttle body, 6 branch wrapped, decat and longlife exhaust.

First run on the rollers returned :-

197.6 bhp @ 6040 and 183.1 lbft @ 4673

I was quite pleased with this and perhaps set my hopes too high.

Two and half hours later, Vince managed to achieve :-

202.3 bhp @ 6225 and 185.7 lbft @ 4727

Slight problem along the way was was that after the first run it would chuck out a puff of smoke when the throttle was let off at over 140mph :-(. This could be down to valve stems but seems ok below 140mph :-).

I was quite pleased with this as I had managed to break the 200bhp barrier but having the initial 197.6bhp took the edge of it a little.

We even tried to squeeze a bit more by removing the cold air feed but this made no difference. I've got it fitted because I can't stand the drone without.

However Vince sugegested I take it for a spin and WOW ;-) what a difference, soo much more reponsive all the way through, revved higher and ticked over better :-)

I was loving it driving home and i'm sure my engine was to.

What's the verdict ? Should I have expected more or is this about it unless you charge em up.

Cheers

Gazzer

Cheers lads ;-)

gonna get me a new exhaust an filter in the new year any point gettin it remaped once there fitted?

A remap will certainly help everybody as its custom to your car but don't forget i've fitted cams etc which required the fuelling to be setup properly.

I think £350+vat is for setting up chargers.

• 2 weeks later...