Oil Cooler....?

It's always open !

:S

No its not!!!!

one end is shut, so the oil is always in contact with the rest of the oil in the engine, so its bound to get hot through heat transfer, when the oil gets to temp the plate opens and oil then flows through the radiator.

So is that the group buy price??? Is it fitted? ( I wish) is it the same as the pretty picture on the other page?

As my temp has climbed and sits higher than most and I am adding the s/c it makes sense for me to replace origional or fit this. Any ideas on cost of the original?

ETc.............

Thats not a group buy price, there is no group buy and so no group buy price.

It wont get any cheaper, group buy or otherwise.

No its not fitted.

nope cant see it

what does it do and how do i keep it with aircon?

Look harder.

You cant. I already told you that you can't' date=' you dont need it anyway. I've run without one for nearly 2 years now, and had no problem.

[/quote']

how much longer does the oil take to get to 74-76 without it?

nope cant see it

what does it do and how do i keep it with aircon?

Look harder.

You cant. I already told you that you can't' date=' you dont need it anyway. I've run without one for nearly 2 years now, and had no problem.

[/quote']

how much longer does the oil take to get to 74-76 without it?

I don't know, I don't measure such things.

Its usually up to temp within about 15-20 min on a cold day, depends on how i'm driving it though!!!

GVK how did you extend the bolt so you can still run your water cooled oil cooler ? can you buy these ? ive got a turbo vr and it runs hot so would like both thanks mark

Hi Mark,I take it you know Stephen? (Hunt) get him to ask Will if he has got/can get any more,he'll know who I mean.

I did a track day yesterday at Silverstone and the hottest the oil got was 114 after 20 mins on track.

It's always open !

:S

No its not!!!!

one end is shut' date=' so the oil is always in contact with the rest of the oil in the engine, so its bound to get hot through heat transfer, when the oil gets to temp the plate opens and oil then flows through the radiator.

[/quote']

Fuck me this is getting like punch and judy.

Oh no it isn't , oh yes it is

Well mine is always open, the oil flows through the rad as soon as the engine is started, it gets warm.

End of.

if you havnt researched it how do you know it makes no diffrence? do you know if it makes a diffrence to oil temp when its warm ie cruising etc?

You are SUCH a prick. It really makes me wonder how you survive in the real world.

All you ever do in here is prove your own amazing level of stupidity.

If you read the thread....probably a little taxing for you i know, you'll see on page 1 that i mention my oil has NEVER gone over 102 since fitting.

If you look on page 2 you will see my oil sits between high 70's for normal driving and goes up to the 90's if im' giving it death, it all depending on how i'm driving the car.

Clearly it does work because those figures are so much lower than either before it was fitted and lower than all the other people on this forum get.

If your referring to the heat exchanger, i never, ever said it makes no difference, I said you don't need one and as i have also stated if you have aircon you can't run both, so how do you expect me to be able to test with and without if I can't run both the exchanger and the cooler at the same time???

IN THEORY it will take less time to warm up with the exchanger and the cooler, and the oil will run hotter as its being cooled by the cooler then warmed by the exchanger.

In short, your an idiot.

What can i say. Natural selection is failing us.

<br /><br />Last edited by: mk3anni

Can I just remind you of rule 1.

Rule 1: Be Polite

This seems obvious, however, many can sometimes forget that common courtesy goes a long way to lending respect to both you and your opinions. Just because you don't see the other readers' faces doesn't mean they don't have feelings and won't be hurt by rude comments. When you read something that you find silly, rude or insulting, first assume that perhaps there is more to the post than you initially thought. Re-read it and keep in mind that tone and inflection is difficult to convey in written form. It may be that the person is attempting a joke or is exaggerating on purpose. It is best to politely request clarification before accusing someone being ignorant, a liar, or worse.

If after clarification you still disagree with the person then politely outline your points. Try to avoid name-calling or even implying insults wherever possible. These tactics generally only inflame a situation and lead to what are known as "Flame Wars." Whenever a flame war starts it usually ruins a perfectly good discussion. Others will lose interest in the thread and the discussion board in general if this kind of interchange is found here.

It also should go without saying that swearing, profanity, sexual references, etc. should be used in moderation.

If you break this rule again Steve, you will receive a months ban from the website.

Pete