My Mk3 Gti 8v

Guest Wanabe_Vr6

Hi all

Ive recently brought a Mk3 Gti Golf.

The thing is i think my engine is on its way out and ever since i brought it ive wanted to put a Vr6 lump in it.

Ive done abit of searching for a new engine but dont know where to start.

How much do you think it will cost to get a good Vr6 engine and where do i get it from?

Also is it i big job converting a Gti to a vr6?

Paul

I would suggest you could buy one for the combined cost! Much easier :)

check ebay for engines and add a bit for luck.

Brakes and suspension, Zorst, servos and engine mounts, I assume fuel system & ECU, & of course Badges ;)

I know your time doesn't cost but you'll stll need to allow for it in the mix with all those nuts and bolts.

Just my Opinion...;)

Good luck either way

Guest Wanabe_Vr6

Yeah i get what your saying.

Its just the insurance of one im gonna struggle with im only 21.

Is there any other mods that i could do to my Gti that you know of that will help it rip fords to pieces?

I have recently done this with my mk3 golf 8v and all i can say is that it is really easy to convert. you will need for the conversion everything at the front of the car full subframe is easiest method with everything attached. you will also need vr6 clocks gear lever housing as the vr6 is cables instead of rod change, it is easy to swap over if you are mechanical minded but the only problem about buying a used engine is you dont know how it runs till you get it all in. if you can hear it before then the better. if you need any advice on fitting dont hesiate to ask but it is easy to do. wiring is the hard so label all wires for fitting any problems let me know

thanks