Steering wheel Re-trim

Just upgrade it, brand new is toooo expensive, good 2nd hand ones sometimes pop up on ebay, i just bought a BBS wheel and done away with the airbag! people gasp!!!!!!!!!!!! but if the airbag ever went off my car would be seriously foooked so thought i might just aswell not have one and enjoy a nice steering wheel instead!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

phm wrote. . . Just upgrade it, brand new is toooo expensive, good 2nd hand ones sometimes pop up on ebay, i just bought a BBS wheel and done away with the airbag! people gasp!!!!!!!!!!!! but if the airbag ever went off my car would be seriously foooked so thought i might just aswell not have one and enjoy a nice steering wheel instead!

yeah but i`d rather have my standard wheel and airbag than a seriously fooked face!!lol. the standard one looks cool anyway,no need for a daft boy racer wheel,momo etc. . . .!!

My new steering wheel/gear knob & gaitor and handbrake gaitor arrived today (see above) (seller posted on 2 May but held up due to Parcelforce). Brilliant quality like I expected, and fitted it looks even better. I thought I had paid too much, but the new leather feels great and the wheel is a bit thicker to hold :-# & feels like a Focus ST wheel, which I love.

• 4 weeks later...

My new steering wheel/gear knob & gaitor and handbrake gaitor arrived today (see above) (seller posted on 2 May but held up due to Parcelforce). Brilliant quality like I expected' date=' and fitted it looks even better. I thought I had paid too much, but the new leather feels great and the wheel is a bit thicker to hold :-# & feels like a Focus ST wheel, which I love.

[/quote']

is it a new wheel or did you send yours off?

is it genuine leather?

does he do the wheel on its own?