Yes, clay is great stuff - it's like finding the missing link!

Quick Clay is virtually non-abrasive so easy to use - other range from mild to quite strong so start with something like the Quick Clay to avoid damage.

It's also remarkably like a product from Bostick called White Tack which is also a polybutyl clay... hmm, wonder who manufactures the Quick Clay? ;)

Anyway, whatever you use, keep it lubed with a quick detailing spray, clay lube or nice soapy car shampoo and remove all that grime embedded in the paint.

got some quick clay a while back but not had chance to use it yet

my mate used it on his E36 328 and i couldnt beleive how smooth the paint was compared to mine. if u put your hand in a plastic bag and gently run it over the paint before and after you do it u will feel the difference!

clay is good stuff but you've titled the thread polish and they are 2 completely different things! it will remove any contaminants from the surface of the paint but wont actually polish the paint or remove any imperfections/swirls etc in the paint

opps so i have. ok i will give it ago then and see how it turns out cheers for your help guys.

• 3 months later...