[moved] Urgent Help required!!

Right all,

This morning I was fitting a new head unit (which worked once all fitted). However now the car now refuses to start (ignition lights on but no action). I didn't disconnect the battery before I started btw.. I have spent an afternoon before fiddling with the alarm (factory Scorpion one) etc after I disconnected the battery accidentally and after much huffing got the system to work as before. Now after having spent 5 hours of my Sunday turning keys, pressing remote fobs, and isolating the alarm in various sequences I am ready to kick the living crap out of the car!!! Indicators have been flashing, what sounds like the rear washer pump goes off, the engine bay buzzes, the dash buzzes, all sorts of stuff. What the hell have I done and how the hell can I fix it!

Yeh removed the stereo, but no luck. Although when the stereo is removed, there's a buzzing and flickering of the dash. I don't see how I could have caused a short, as all I have done is connected the ISO block & aerial adaptor. I also took off the roof aerial, cleaned it & put back together. Would a bad earth cause the immobiliser problem?

This post is now probably better off in the ICE, Security etc... forum but I'll persevere. So I left the car for a few hours after doing a battery test. With the "alarm" armed. It was 8.8v, it's now 7.6v Would the car start with only 7.6v? And does the loss of 1.2v in a few hours mean there's a short somewhere? Now ripped out the stereo in it's entirety but still the same problems (now with a new noise from the instrument cluster every time I turn on the ignition) I had the car parked in an airport car park for a week till yesterday, but it started first time. What's happened? Shudda left it alone with no radio and hummed to myself instead...

I googled anything of interest earlier and came across the Ross-Tech stuff too. Mine is a 96 OBD2, but really I can't see this being the problem. I'm gonna check the battery again now, if there's a big power drain I've buggered something up I reckon. How, I don't know... Thanks for the help anyway. Any other ideas v. welcome..