Well guys it's all done, I have the vr back from Auto-solutions1 Had the chains, guides and tensioners done with new clutch. Also had engine and gearbox oil changed. All parts were new genuine stuff. Total for parts labour and including vat was £764.00 After i had paid he adjusted my lights for free, the courtesy car was free too. Very pleased with the service and car feels great! All the old chains guides n stuff is in a bag at home so will get pics up soon!

Labour was £45.00 p/h by the way...

Hi Tom,

Just read your post about having the chains being replaced.

I am very surprised that they needed doing. Well suppose, peace of mind now.

Coolant and oil for me was good and I hardly ever had to top it up. Probably because it had an easy life with me. Didn't drive it hard.

In 4.5 years of ownership, it was 100% reliable. Could not fault it at all.

I often had the same comment when getting MOTS done etc, about how clean it was.

Glad you're still enjoying her!

I've got my new motor now - Mk 3.5 Golf Colour Cabriolet in black, with 34,500 miles. Bought it from a big house near you in Spencers Wood.

Cheers

Jon

Hello jon! Yeah.. I mean I probably could of got away with not doing the chains but i want to maintain it properly and I am much happier now having the piece of mind that all is well :) Have you posted pics of your new ride yet!? I can't see any?