Supercharging info

Guest burgie

Hi, first of all love the vr6 as is, but im just greedy and want more 8o|

Ive been on the VF engineering website and got some back ground on their system, think at a rough guess im looking at a bill for around £2300 (m) all in.

So the info im looking is what it is actualy running a 6 with this system as a daily driver e.g

do i need to touch the internals, clucth, exhaust, matientance, mpg :o & petrol type , actual power gains and most of all before i shell out the doe is it all worth while

Oh and as im a new member, hello

yes its worth it - Turns the VR from a nice, but average, car into a beast!

If you're talking about a stage 1 kit the only thing you'll need to change (depending on the condition of your engine) is exhaust... you'll benefit from having a bigger bore than standard and losing the cat. Might want to think about engine mounts and a mocal oil cooler as well... Your car looks like an early one so might be worth uprating from the 280mm brakes to the 312mm TT/S3/4motion set up.

Cant remember what stage 1 makes? about 270bhp I think but theres lots of people on here with vortech chargers

Yep my 6 is an obd1 1994 and its a stage 1 sc im after, ordered OMP road/race pads in the hope they would get me stopped enough, was also thinking of a jetex exhaust system and a de-cat of ebay.

how much is the mocal oil cooler and is it easy enough to fit as im thinking of tackling alot of the work myself *-) and is a system like aquamist a must for a stage one?

thanks for all the help so far its been a great help.

If you are a competant DIY mechanic you can fit them all yourself... I am having my s/c fitted (by Sparkz VR6OC Member/ NS Racing) as I have not done one before and want to see one done before I do my own if you see what I mean. Personally worried about getting the belt all lined up properly...

Aquamist is more for summer use to keep the knock count down. If not trying to gain extra power from the set up, adjusting timing etc!

I beleve the oil cooler is in the region of £120.00. (Front off fitment)

The brake upgrade to 288mm is a helpful upgrade from the 280s Which you may have. Then with the pads you have selected all should be ok!

Dont forget the engine/gearbox mounts mounts.

Don't be afraid of 2 things. Premium membership and then spend time searching on here there is loads of information/help/fitment guides etc etc.. available for each step. Best £10 you'll spend :)