Car won't start! Just gone in the garage, unlocked it as normal, got in, gone to start it and nothing. Makes no attempt to start whatsoever, no clicking or anything from starter motor. There is battery power as all the dash lights come on, radio works etc.

I looked under the bonnet and this thing was whirring, sounded like a little fan, when you tap it it whirrs faster!?

DSC00280.jpg

What is this thing, the circular thing with wires going into it? Any ideas what is wrong guys?

It's the main connector to the ECU. No moving parts.

The wirring would be coming from the Aux pump which is near by. Can't think why tapping the connector would make the pump go faster, unless you've got some poor connections.

Have you replaced the Aux pump recently, or loosing coolant?

No havn't replaced it, dunno about losing coolant, it does go down after a while but i check it regularly and did once put a wynns stop leak in it but then i saw a few people saying that their coolant goes down after a while and that its normal so i forgot about it. Theres no drips on the drive or anything so...

I found out that the problem with not starting was a sticky starter motor, i hit it with a broom handle and tried it and it started straight away lol. I've tried it a few times and it seems fine, im going to keep a piece of wood in the car to hit it with incase it happens again. Never done it before. Would spraying wd40 all over it help or is that a stupid idea!?

Cheers