FK Angel eyes...

I bought a pair of fk angel eys for my VR6 (97)... connected it up via the diagram provided (pretty hard to get it wrong as the clips only fit one way) and did a test before fitting them and ran into a problem:

- Halo rings only come on, on there own when sides lights are on and IGNITION is off. If I start the car, then the main lights come on with the rings?

I've tried connecting them up differently, but no luck? Anyone else got round this?

I could run around with them as they are but I don't want people flashing me when it's only early evening and my side lights are infact normal beam.

You got the harness that comes from the battery then splits to left and right headlight - right headlight has 2 clips (red and grey one) that connect to existing car harness and the angel eyes (male-to=female clips only connect one way i.e can't swap them around) - left headlight has one clip that connects to existing harness and then the angel eye [the diagram is quite good even I understood it].

What I don't get is with the car off just the rings come on with side lights turned on, then with ignition/started the main beam comes on with the side-lights? Dipped beam works ok?

If you guys have got similar problems, are you still driving around with them on?

The Hella problem is not quite the same then; the dipped comes on as well as the rings, not full beam. That would be annoying.

Hella Cellis plug straight in ( some old cars need an adapter 'cos VW changed the shape of the plug/socket ) They are supplied with brass relay bridges for drivers of lesser models, with single headlights.

I suspect the Hella problem is caused by people using these clips on GTi/VR6s. I tried my Hellas on my 92 VR6 and late 96 GTi and they worked the same on both.

I wonder if the adpaters you've been supplied with are for 'CL' class Golfs and include wiring to replicate the Hella relay bridges.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

TG

I've got FK Automotive Angle Eye Headlights which are bright as fork.

Just had a look at mine

Lights ON Ignition OFF - 2 Rings only

Lights ON Dip Ignition On - 2 Rings with Dim Centre Bulb on the Outer Ring

Lights ON Main Ignition On - 2 Rings with Bright Centre Bulb on the Outer Ring

Lights ON High Ignition On - 2 Rings with Both Centre Bulbs Bright

Now i keep bumping into things as i'm partially blinded 8-|

Cool... I just popped outside now (in the dark) to give them a test and they are really REALLY bright... I had them checked out out a garage earlier on and he said they were fine - no adjustments after I installed them - they come on in the same order you said... do you get any people flashing you?

Been driving around and the outer ring centre bulb beam from the lights points upwards and illuminates the tree's more than it does the road? Can I adjust this with the white knob thingy ontop of the lights?

If I put the full beam on [blue light on dash] then the road just infront of the car lights up... have i got these connected the right way round?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there is a big adjuster in the bottom corner where the electric motors go on a standard headlight. If you turn these (its fairly hard you would need pliers) then the beam adjusts in big steps then use the white knobs for fine adjustment hope this clear things up for ya and stops anyone having a head-on with ya ha ha