GTI INTERNATIONAL - INFORMATION

This event will be held at Bruntingthorpe again on 16th & 17th June.

They have made changes as to how they allocate the number of spaces each club gets, last year every club booked the number of spaces that they required and some clubs turned up with fewer cars, some with more and some clubs didn't turn up at all.

At the moment they are NOT asking us to book our spaces but want to make us aware of the following changes.

• Each club member will have to book their own place on the club stand through the GTI international website and state that they wish to be on the VR6oc stand,
    The event organisers will check the names with the club to ensure they are members,
    As they receive your booking forms and payments for entry they will keep a running total of the club entries,
    The cut off date will be 2 weeks before the event at which stage they will total up the number of members for each club and then allocate and map out the site based on these numbers, they will allocate a little extra space for any late-comers.
    They will have your address from your booking form and will send out your tickets and club display winscreen passes to you directly,
    All show cars will enter taking the same route through the car park to their stand as the visitors(you MUST display your club window pass as soon as you enter the grounds)

I will post up a link to their site as soon as we are able to start booking.

Thanks

Donna

Moderator edit by: vdubgirl

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like an organisational nightmare! but i suppose if they got your dosh already then they dont care if you turn up or not! it is a bit mean though as its supposed to be an "international" show, inters used to be such a simple show but its all changed in the last few years :-( .

I can see that it could? deter people from bothering to display or even go at all? sometimes the organisers forget its only us in the V dub fraternity that after all provide them the organisers with the shows content!! our cars, ideas and hard work and not forgetting hard earned money!

I know they have to pay for the venue but forcing people into paying up front is a little bit underhand imo

To be fair I can see why they have done it this way.

Last year some clubs did not turn up, others had more than expected turn up and others had to little. It made it very hard for them to dish out spaces for clubs to display in.

Doing it this way if you have paid up front then chances are it will be more incentive to actually turn up instead of not bothering.

We have the same problem as them. When we put up for shows for people to attend on the club display everyone jumps in and we get a list as long as our arm. On the actual day we are left with a handful of people who follow it through.

Now to us it's only a small amount of grief but if you look at the scale of a show such as Inters you begin to see the problems it can cause, and in fact has caused. Hopefully this will eleviate those problems somewhat.

Having said that I do think sadly this show is more about making money than anything else. It's vastly overpriced for what it is and it's sad that the people that attend the show and actually make it what it is are forced to pay through the nose for the pleasure of lining their pockets :-(

When you see other shows charging half what Inters usually charge it makes you wonder how they can justify the costs.....

I mean look at E38 for example. £15 Firday to Sunday including camping.

Inters.... £17.50 Per day (Saturday/Sunday) = £35 + £20 camping ! !

And they justify that how ? ;-)

Mark.

simple its got too big for its own boots! or the organisers have! they need to remember the Knebworth and TRL days and the people who supported it then and attended AND still do every year now!

it used to be £8 - £10 cars for sale free or a £5 later on and auto jumble was £15 for the day.

i know prices go up but where will it end? if they find people arent turning up each year maybe thats sending them a message? stop fleecing us dub boys and girls!

i think E38 is a far superior show now anyway, far more exclusive and a really nice atmosphere, its feet are on the ground still, as is its permanent location, maybe inters previous sucess will be its own downfall by getting too large? i do hope it stays but in the last few years all the moving of venue and price hikes have caused it to lose the focus of a fair few dubbers i know, its no longer "the" place to "out" your modded Dub as other shows cater better, just my thoughts

yawn... every year the same inters debate

And still thousands of people will go on both dyas.....why do people always say the same thing every year' date=' year in year out. I'll go as its a 10 minute drive from my house

[/quote']

Exactly... it's always moaned about before and after, it's always packed and I always enjoy it!

Well sure I moaned about the prices last year but I did actually enjoy the show.

It's US that make it... not them. All they do is provide a location and offer people entry.

Prices have not been announced yet AFAIK so we could be moaning about nothing. Maybe they ahve a suprise for us ? lol.

Will deffo be camping as was great fun last year. Once again, it's the people that make the camping ;-)

Mark.

I liked last year, i guess it's about the company your with. I know the prices are a joke on the food and drinks, but it's weekend away with lads with a load of dubbers thrown in for good measure.

I'll be staying in a hotel again, like Justin says it makes like a mini show in the carpark.