my car is a 93 k, is this early enough to go without a cat? what is/was the propper cut off date for cars that have to have a cat? ive previously owned a 93 k mondeo (sorry) and that never had/needed one, would it be worth decatting?

don't do it. I went back to cat as it pissed me off not being able to speak to anyone with the revs over 2.5k or WOT without shouting. Plus when the engine is back in i might actually be able to hear the charger! :o

if you mean supercharger youll hear it just fine lol my old exhaust was just a backox and an empty pipe from the exhaust manifold i could hear the charger perfectly hehe

hmmm oh ok' date=' thanks was just a little confused as i previously said my 93 ford never had nor needed one. will have to delv into this as ive read somewhere that upto 92 doesnt need one but from 95 do, it completely left out 93 and 94

[/quote']

I always thought it came in with the K plate. But that might just be if it was designed to have one, such as the VR6, than the MOT emissions limits are set to expect one but where the makers where lazy ( ford ) the limits would be higher. And by 95 even the lazy companies where expected to fit cats to all their new cars. Dunno! I've got a J so I'm laughing, but then again I havent had it MOT'd since getting the decat.

Get friendly with a tester and get them stick their probe up a 1.0 Lupo exhaust or something.....or say your car has an engine from a 92 car in it.

Removing the cat does make the engine a little more responsive in the midrange, but it won't show much of a gain on the dyno plot.