Confused! Which Supercharger

Lot to be said for the deal you can get. Try NS racing for a solution. If NS can't do it then I can give you another name.

American solutions are good deals at the mo due to strong £/$ rate.

If money is tight you can always build on stage 1 going forwards in life. Remember to add money in for extras as you increase in stage. Remap for example... A low milage 2nd hand deal might be an option. They pop up on here from time to time!

If fitting for yourself then lots of help on here from guys who've done it!

Vortek/VF engineering seem fav's on here. I just got my VF on last weekend (by sparkz VR6oc Member) and am happy with quality fit etc.... Others will confirm for you on their solutions.

One final thing don't go off web page prices as they won't be accurate at the moment. So speak to the UK companies/importers as most USA firms dont want to ship direct. If you have a USA connection use it ;) it could save you on the 41% import duty & Taxes

Hope that helps

It's going to be second hand for that price mate, whatever you get.

If you're not intending to save anymore money and want a charger now you could opt for a Z - Engineering charger (which is what I have) but they are rare. They produce less boost than a Vortech but with a ZR2 you get no belt slip because of the ribbed belt. You can only realistically run 10-12psi with a Vortech before you start getting slip. Admiteddly you wont get as much power from a Z (260-285-290ish max if you really go balls out with other mods) but there aren't that many Vortech's running over 300bhp (couple on here) and sustaining it without some reliability problems.

My Z runs around 270ish all day long and I don't have water injection. In total it cost me £1200 (mates rates ;) )nothing to fit because a friend fitted it for me, but the map was an extra £400 and you will need a quality stainless exhaust.

You could do it for 2k but thats if all goes well and nothing needs replacing for it to run correctly.

Hope this helps mate.

(Just noticed you have a Milltek happy days!!)

Try using someone other than Storm D. I had a bad experience with them. I've heard good things about NS Racing regarding second hand chargers who should meet your budget. Be worth trying them. There is a member on here who deals with them alot. He will be able to help more.

i have a whole supercharger setup with a brand new shrick manifold and the mapped chip from stealth for obd2 (mines 97 highline) for sale...

2000 for the lot...

2k will get u sweetFA from shops.

so thats polished Z-engineering charger, shrick manifold and map for 2000. pm me if interested....

i have a whole supercharger setup with a brand new shrick manifold and the mapped chip from stealth for obd2 (mines 97 highline) for sale...

2000 for the lot...

so thats polished Z-engineering charger' date=' shrick manifold and map for 2000. pm me if interested....

[/quote']

Can you send me some pics? Does it come with all the necessary bits to put on? Are the parts still under warranty and lastly, what stage is it?

There are no disadvantages as far as i can tell. except that not many people have used them so there is not much reference for finding any particular faults with them long term.

Advantages are they produce more power,more power lower down the rev range and more boost top end also smaller than most other chargers and they have a lifetime warranty.

Once i have the cash i wont be going past them for any other type.

They are the one and only in my humble opinion.

2000 for the lot...

so thats polished Z-engineering charger' date=' shrick manifold and map for 2000. pm me if interested....

[/quote']

WHAT YOU ASKING QUESTIONS FOR? THATS A BARGAIN!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

2000 for the lot...

[/quote']

hi is this still for sale? very interested , sent pm 2 you