I've searched the forum and found several references to Schrick, but none for Dbilas. Does anyone have any experience of Dbilas cams or other tuning parts? I used a cam kit from them in a 1979 Opel Kadett coupé and it certainly worked well in there.

Graham

Not collected the car yet, and already planning how to modify it...

Hi Graham. Don't know much about Dbilas but I have heard they are good quality. I personally have Eurospec 268 cams which are exact copies of Shricks but a fair bit cheaper. Both Shrick and Eurospec are very good for the VR6 as they give even power increase throughout the rev range... as opposed to cheaper cams that only give power high up the rev range, losing power lower down. The person who will know the answer about Dbilas is Vince at Stealth Racing. He used to work with professional VW Cup cars and is one of the best in the business re VW tuning.

I'm going to do some research and compare specs for the Schrick and Dbilas cams. While Schrick produce a 268 cam, Dbilas produce cams with 264 and 272 degrees of duration.

I will speak to Vince too. We've visited him a few times over the years with our first Mk3 Golf - a very, very early 1.8CL. By the time we finished it handled well, stopped well, looked great, but really didn't sparkle in the acceleration or top speed department. Hence the purchase of a VR6.

A Schrick inlet manifold, 272 cams and suitable engine management should idle reasonably well - the Manta I had (like me Opels, does I!) initially ran with a 296 and roller followers from Cameffects in the US but I tamed this down with a 288. It had a set of modifed motorcycle throttle bodies fitted to a manifold originally intended to carry two 40DCOEs, crank trigger ignition, individual coil packs and an Emerald ecu.

A guy I know in NI had a road-legal, and driven, rally car running a 312 cam... Heaven knows what that was like!

I'll list whatever I find out.

My avatar... 'free spirited' - LOL! smiley36.gif?t=1174766719 I think he's supposed to be marking a clipboard, but it is open to interpretation!

Graham