ok im getting some porsche 7x16 ET65 never had a set of porsche wheels so i njust wanted to find out whats the best thickness adapter to get i dont want them sitting to far into the archs but agian not to far out so they scrap the archs im thinking of going for 40mm adapters all round but like i say im new to the porsche setup and dont no much about them. or maybe 40 on the rear and 35 at the front ???

I've just bought some d90's, 6+8 x 16, ET52 (ish), I'm going for 25mm all round to be safe as i've not got stretched tyres and my cars low so I'm a bit woried about fouling the arches.

If you go 40 and 35 your ET would be 25 and 30 so you shouldn't have a problem, but that does depend on what tyres you'll be using and how low your car is, and if you have coilovers....i think :-)

I don't think you'll have a problem with that drop, i'm a bit worried mine will foul the arches as its pretty damn low. Just gonna get them and hope they fit as I really don't want to raise the car up...Good luck with yours though dude. Let us know how you go. I'll post some pics of mine when I eventually get them on!

ok im getting some porsche 7x16 ET65 never had a set of porsche wheels so i njust wanted to find out whats the best thickness adapter to get i dont want them sitting to far into the archs but agian not to far out so they scrap the archs im thinking of going for 40mm adapters all round but like i say im new to the porsche setup and dont no much about them. or maybe 40 on the rear and 35 at the front ???

OK - Finally got my D90's on a the weekend. Thought i'd give you a bit of an update...Just to re-cap, I have 6+8's with 20mm adapters and 205/45/16 tyres.

Went on fine! Looks wicked, they really fills the arches well, and don't stick out too far - though had some major rubbage issues on the back, so took the car down to Style Dynamix yesterday to have the rear arches rolled, (Chris)did a very neat job ,now no rubbage. £40 a side to have them rolled, can't complain at that! If you have 205/40/16 tyres you'll have more clearence and might not have to have the archs done, maybe...but I wanted to keep the rolling radius as close to factory as possible (so went for the 205/45/16), as I worked out if you have 205/40/16 your speedo will be out and obviously your odometer too so on average milage you'd be cocking up around 300 miles a year that you're not actually driving...if that makes any sense at all...hope this helps a bit?