supercharging cost

Guest highlinephil

Guest highlinephil

hi there folks im thinking of going down the old supercharging route i like the idea of bolt on power im after a rough idea of the overall cost based on me doing the conversion myself cheers . phil

£2800 supplied fitted rotrex supercharger kit from storm developments giving you around 280bhp this includes a map roling session and waterinjection too i think

sorry for shouting couldnt be bothered changing case

Edit: changed case of font.

Moderator edit by: VR6Pete

If you want a proper good job that'll really last, there is an awful lot of extras involved, all the kits you see will bolt on and run no problems, but from talking to a guy at work who has been supercharging all sorts of stuff for years, to do it really well, which is what i'd want to do, it needs LSD, engine/gearbox mounts, intercooler, clutch etc etc so as not to cause pricey problems down the line

I was really tempted for ages, even to the point of being on the ordering page of a website, but now im going for the schrick inlet and cams and a re-mapping route. Easier on the engine/insurance/fuel

I STILL GET REALLY TEMPTED TO CHARGE IT THO!!! ARRGGHH but if you gonna do something, might aswel go all out do it spot on rather that cut corners to save £££ It'll come back and bit you in the long run

Contact NS Racing mate. Dub25 is a member on here who uses them and says good things about them. They deal in second hand chargers so you could get it at a lot lower cost than brand new. When I last asked NS Racing had a few second hand / refurb ZR2's for the £1k mark I seem to remember (Don't go for the older ZR1's as the belts are prone to slipping). You could always bargain the price down a bit further too.