Had a brilliant day, hope u all did too. Have to say Im a convert to stripping (ahem!) loving it long time:) Will def do it again. Whats ppls best time/all ur times whatever really. Jim u have to post urs aswell!!! My best time was 15.53, not bad me thinks. I need to remember sun cream nxt time, im buring, it hurts!

ha, my best time was 15.1 something, was looking to get into the 14's which should be possible.

i see a few guys were running road legal slicks and they were constantly .5 sec quicker than myself

i for one cant wait to see you strip again ... :)

u got more brake than me aswell. I went on bout 4 and was constant for a good 45 mins. Was ace! First one was alrite til I got off the strip then I was shaking and went all girly (not like me!) did 7 runs in the end I think. 3 against anutha vr.

Had a brilliant day' date=' hope u all did too. Have to say Im a convert to stripping (ahem!) loving it long time:) Will def do it again. Whats ppls best time/all ur times whatever really. Jim u have to post urs aswell!!! My best time was 15.53, not bad me thinks. I need to remember sun cream nxt time, im buring, it hurts!

[/quote']

you tonked the Rallye golf you was up against on your first run!!! by ....01 of a second.....winnings winning though mate ;) heres a nice photo of your car....its nearly as red as you were/are :)

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1176662845_2067_FT169671_img_0120.jpg]1176662845_2067_FT169671_img_0120_.jpg[/lightbox]

and just to say again what a great turnout for the club again!!! 20+ motors............and Lukes GTI ;) great to meet some new faces as well as the old stagers, look forward to the next one! i got about 100 photos so keep an eye on the "photo" thread as well as the sanda pod right up that blondie will be doing soon ;)

Thanks to everyone who made it today, fantastic turn out considering the distance most of you guy's travelled.

great weather, hopefully we're not all too sunburnt!!

Lots of really great cars and a good selection on our stand hopefully we'll continue like this throughout the show season, nice to meet new and old faces, the day whizzed by.

Get your times up for the 1/4mile guys there's trophies up for grabs!!

See you all soon :-)

is there a trophy for the most enthustastic driver, if so i reckkni should win , as i pulled me gear knob off,on one of my runs, me and the chap running in the other lane found it pretty funny, im sat there waving my knob whilst grabbing third gear.

and a top waver of knobs ;)

speaking of knobs ;) i hope the one in the Red Mk5 GT reg ending in REX that drove up my arse and then cut me up after undertaking me in heavy traffic when i was minding my own buisness on the M25 reads this...MATE YOUR A CHOPPER! if we werent traveling at 80mph you would of got a slap!!.or several actually...

mind he did slow down when i showed him my "sherrifs badge" (no not that one!) in fact i would say he possitively shat himself! essex are renowned for their choice of unmarked police cars! never seen a Purple VR6 with polished rims being used though ;) he was a perfect motorist after that.........waiting for the "marked" car to tare up behind him i expect! never saw him again, so that was a bonus :)

i got a 14.7 well happy .i allmost crashed when jim potter pulled his knob off and showed it to me

well done fella 14.7 is a great time :)

the track was really grippy today

i now have a new pb of 13.685 @103 mph :)

was running consistent 13s 2 13.7s 1 13.8 3 13.9s the car felt really good today restored my faith lol

i was embarassed parkin anywhere near the club stand lol they were all stunnin :)

Guest fish and chips

sorry i didn't get to meet anyone today it all got a bit manic great day though my lil mk2 did a 14.7 with half the girlfriends wardrobe in the boot lol, what a nice drive home though sat on the side of the m1 4 a hour due to a blowout and then drove 70 miles at 40mph with a borrowed space saver if u saw the black mk2 on the hard shoulder thanks for waving lol

Eat this, was your car black? with black highline wheels and half the front missing? Saw that car doing similar times to you have posted above - apologies if not you.

I ran my mk2 VR today, not usually into 1/4 mile .

Best run was 14.3 @ 96 mph with a 2.1 60ft.

Worst run was a 17.WTF! when the front engine mount stud snapped and engine has put some new power bulges in teh bonnet! DOH!

Vid of one of my early runs