convince me convince me!!

alrite folks, newbie here. i am a mate of vr6pete's so naturally he told me to sign up here:P

i am now at the point with my mk2 project where i am ready to start putting engine in.. but iam having 2nd thoughts about wether i want the VR or 1.8t. iam trying to gauge how difficult the VR swap is on comparison to the 1.8t?.. all reading i have done has been on the 1.8t side of things so i dont really know how people go about approaching the VR conversions. do the VRs sit on the existing mk2 subframes but just use different mounts?.. also what about loom/management? is the full VR loom/ecu used on the mk2?

cheers for any help. taa :)

now ive been told not to use the mk3 subframe... depends on who you talk to i guess.. but the wiring if you have a 1990 or later model is near as damm it plug and pray. everything else if memory serves me, i think bolts straight in . i do no its a much easier conversion than the 1.8t, unless you use a standalone ecu for the 1.8t in which case things get easier. depends on what power u want.. remember to get goodpower froma 1.8t , you need the ko4 varaint turbo...may be just as cost effictive to plump the vrt6 in and supercharge it

• 1 month later...

there are some links and info in the premium section on this also best way forwards is to have a chat with the people who do it rgularly... There are others but I know Sparkz who does them for others and not just himself!... Worth dropping him a PM and buying him a soda & a burger at the next meeting he makes...

Sorry to offer you up Sparkz... Figure you must be bored as your working on your own mk2 & a group Buy ;) LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Theres plenty of info at www.mk2vr6.com mate, shoot over there and check out the FAQ's section and the conversion help section, or do a search, there should be the answer to every question you have about the conversion. ;):)