VR6 Conversion Help!!!!

Alrite ppl, I have a 1995 Volkswagen Golf 1.6CL and have decided to carry out a VR6 conversion on this. From what I have heard this is possible so if u beg to differ let me know :). What I am planning to do is purchase a golf vr6 as a donor car for all the parts needed as I have been told to do it this way as buying parts seperately ends up being very expensive as you never know what part u need until u found out its missing.

What I would like to know is if u guys out there know of any places that can do this for me as I will be supplying all parts but from the donor car so the cost involved will be the labour of removing all parts and transferring them to the 1.6. Also any approximate costs will be helpful.

Cheers guys

i agree with vr6gaz on this on mate, i can undertand putting the vr6 lump into a mk1/2 but the mk3 already comes with vr6 engine/brakes/suspension etc, it will probably cost you more than just buying a vr6 in the first place anyway especialy if you want to pay someone to do it for you...

costs?..... i wouldav thought ATLEAST £1500 labour and lets just say for arguments sake doner car was £1000 (wouldnt say a minter probebly have a shite engine at that price).....

so already your looking at £2500 with a crap doner car!!! add another £500 probly fin yourself a nice highline for that...

an not to mension all the hassle of finding this... finding that... gettin rid of the old parts and shell thats left over etc etc....

im only saying this co ive carried out a vr into a mk2 conversion with a doner car so i kno all the work involved, an i would go through it for a car i could buy for less money involved in the forst place.

but anyway..... if you still want to go ahead with it, buying a donr car is the best way as youl have near enuff all the parts need

Will be far far cheaper to buy a proper VR mate. It would be very expensive because it's not just the engine - all the electrics/looming, handling suspension, brakes, cooling system, exhaust system etc etc... then all the tuning to get it all set up right. Labour would be HUGE. And as said above insurance will also be much higher with a VR transplant car - insurance cars just hate it.. mainly due to their ignorance. You're basically looking at double the price of a VR. A very good VR with 70-80k miles full service history can be picked up for £2500-£3000.